Infrastructure updates

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mataniko
ScummVM Developer

Infrastructure updates

Post by mataniko »

Over the last few days the ScummVM team has been working hard on upgrading our infrastructure. During the process all of the supporting sites have been updated, cleaned up and secured with SSL support.

If you run into any problems with the Forums, Wiki, Translations, Bug Tracker, or any other website related issues please let us know. For minor issues feel free to post on this thread. For major problems use the bug tracker using the Web component to let us know.
Longcat

Re: Infrastructure updates

Post by Longcat »

What happened to the 'View all unread posts' button in the forum? It was really useful.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Click on Quick links on the top left of the page and select Unread posts?
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Well it's about time. Nice work.

Ack. Don't like avatars on the right side, though. Never did like designs that took that approach. Oh well. Still an improvement.
Collector

Post by Collector »

MusicallyInspired wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:12 pm Ack. Don't like avatars on the right side, though. Never did like designs that took that approach. Oh well. Still an improvement.
Nor I, but it is just a couple of CSS changes to fix.

BTW, I just noticed a missed element. The options tab at the bottom of the full post editor still has the original Prosilver blue.
mataniko
ScummVM Developer

Post by mataniko »

Thanks for the feedback everyone, the style has been updated to fix the avatars and unstyled elements.
GateKeeper

Post by GateKeeper »

Looks good, but what is missing is a link to the main ScummVM site.
Not that it's too difficult to manually change the URL, but the old forum design had that link up there, and at least I used it sometimes.
rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Post by rootfather »

Thanks mataniko for improving the forums!

One question, can you add me to the ScummVM Team group in the forums as well so I don't have to have seperate moderator privileges and just be a member of the team group?
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

mataniko wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:16 pm Thanks for the feedback everyone, the style has been updated to fix the avatars and unstyled elements.
Oh, nice. Thanks for that!
Dark-Star

Post by Dark-Star »

The difference between "new posts" and "no new posts" is hardly noticeable anymore. it's just the slight color change on the border around the circle. This makes those two icons very hard to differentiate.
mataniko
ScummVM Developer

Post by mataniko »

Dark-Star wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:03 pm The difference between "new posts" and "no new posts" is hardly noticeable anymore. it's just the slight color change on the border around the circle. This makes those two icons very hard to differentiate.
The base theme icons loaded instead of the new icons. I just pushed a fix that loads the icons correctly. Thanks!
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

The image and logo on the top left of the forum pages appears to be broken. Now instead of the image I see the "Maniac Mansion kids" text in light orange.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Oddly enough, some minutes ago, I still had the logo, and now I get that text too.
mataniko
ScummVM Developer

Post by mataniko »

I fixed the logo, you may need to refresh with cache disabled to see changes if you're not seeing them yet.
Kurufinwe

Post by Kurufinwe »

Should the forums display a favicon? They seem to have stopped doing that since the update.

On an unrelated note, is there a chance someone could clean up the announcements and pinned topics in General Discussion? You currently have to scroll through 15 (!) of those, many of which haven't seen any activity in months or years, before you get to the active topics.