Traitors Gate and Connections: It's A Mind Game Support

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mediaeval

Traitors Gate and Connections: It's A Mind Game Support

Post by Mediaeval » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:26 am

Will the Mist clones Traitors Gate by Daydream Software or Connections: It a Mind Game by Some Interactive
be supported by ScummVM?

P.S. I would also like to know what game engines those two games use because I haven't been able to find
out much information about them from the internet.

sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:59 am

Both games were built on Director, Connections on Director 4, and Traitor Gate on Director 6.

Since there was some work on the Director engine, eventually we could get at least Connections supported. But no timeline or promises, as the work on the engine has stalled.

Eugene

Mediaeval

Post by Mediaeval » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:37 pm

Thanks for the information. I am really excited at the fact that Director is being looked
at as possible engine in ScummVM. However, I am in no rush for it to be implemented
because I have some old computers that run most of the Director games and demos.

How will you emulate or trick Director games that require Quicktime, for video, into running in ScummVM?

sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:15 pm

Mediaeval wrote: How will you emulate or trick Director games that require Quicktime, for video, into running in ScummVM?
We already have support for QT videos, and for a long time. There are no tricks in the technology.

Eugene

Mediaeval

Post by Mediaeval » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:54 am

Thanks for adding the games to the Wiki. Hopefully it will save other peoples time.
However, the Traitors Gate entry is mislabeled Traitors Game.