1.9.0.2 - Unable to "Add Game..."

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Post Reply
User avatar
Chilly Willy
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:27 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

1.9.0.2 - Unable to "Add Game..."

Post by Chilly Willy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:34 am

When I try to add a game in 1.9.0.2, it does nothing but lock the cursor to the "Add Game..." button. Version 1.8.0 works just fine.

OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks)

User avatar
criezy
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:41 am
Location: West Sussex, UK

Post by criezy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:20 am

To make sure this is the same issue I already know about, can you confirm that when you click on "Add Game..." the file browser opens, you can select a directory, and only after you have selected a directory the cursor remains locked to the 'Add Games..." button?

I and others have reproduced such an issue, but not consistently (most of the times it worked for me), and what happens is that after selecting a directory the file browser remains open hidden in the background and still locks inputs. I am not sure why it happens, but I made changes to ScummVM back in July to try to fix this and have not reproduced the issue since. So hopefully this will be fixed in version 2.0 that will be released in a few weeks.

User avatar
Chilly Willy
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:27 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Chilly Willy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:48 pm

Yes, it happens after I've selected a game.

CoolMathDad
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by CoolMathDad » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:16 pm

I am having the same problem. Mac OS Yosemite and ScummVM 2.0.0

User avatar
criezy
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:41 am
Location: West Sussex, UK

Post by criezy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:23 am

So that means the changes I made before the 2.0.0 release did not fix the issue (or at least not completely). The problem I have now is that I have been unable to reproduce this issue since I made those changes, and I am at a loss about the possible cause. There are some anecdotal evidence of this happening with other applications on the internet (for exemple here), but nothing that really helps me pinpoint the root of the issue.

It might be worth opening a ticket on our bug tracker to make sure we do not forget about this issue.

Post Reply