ScummVM PSP with 4x3 aspect radio

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dam-soft

ScummVM PSP with 4x3 aspect radio

Post by dam-soft »

Hi,

As everyone probably knows, the PSP ScummVM port has incorrect 4x3 aspect radio. That is why I have recompiled my own version of ScummVM that removes this inconvenience.
Below are the screenshots of the original port of the PSP port (upper image) and my version (lower image).

Image Image
Image Image

If anyone wants a fixed version of the PSP port, please PM.
DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy »

Thank you very much for your effort! Playing Fate of Atlantis as I write this at its proper resolution! :) :)
rsn8887

Re: ScummVM PSP with 4x3 aspect radio

Post by rsn8887 »

dam-soft wrote:Hi,

As everyone probably knows, the PSP ScummVM port has incorrect 4x3 aspect radio. That is why I have recompiled my own version of ScummVM that removes this inconvenience.
Below are the screenshots of the original port of the PSP port (upper image) and my version (lower image).

Image Image
Image Image

If anyone wants a fixed version of the PSP port, please PM.
Nice work! Why don’t you put your work on github and also put the release up there? That way everyone can benefit from your work and someone might even merge the fix into the main Scumm.
dam-soft

Post by dam-soft »

I've already place my suggetion in ScummVM bugtracker (ScummVM Issue Tracker) but there is still no response from ScummVM Team.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

dam-soft: I assume you mean this ticket?
https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/10239

Can you please attach a code patch for your proposed changes to that ticket? That should get this applied fairly quickly if there are no arguments.

A Github Pull Request would be even better with a link added to the ticket, but a patch will be sufficient.
dam-soft

Post by dam-soft »

I've already updated my ticket with precise information about where and what should be changed in the source code.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Thanks. Will convert your information to a patch and Pull Request this so that the team and PSP porter can provide feedback.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Have opened a Pull Request for this as:
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/1096
dam-soft

Post by dam-soft »

Thanks for support.
Driller

Post by Driller »

Dam-soft. My replies to you won't get beyond my 'Outbox' anymore for some reason, so can't reply to you any longer. You have my email. Can you send me both compiles as I have both a PSP-1000 and PSP-2003. Thanks.
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

A fix for this has now been merged into the official ScummVM code.

Thanks to all those involved!

Sadly, current development buildbot builds crash when loading any game due to some other, non-related issue. This will be not be fixed until a new Docker-based buildbot is implemented.

In the meantime, you can try a recent ScummVM daily build (unofficial, untested) with the new code for the 4:3 graphics mode here:
https://github.com/rsn8887/scummvm/releases/