The secret of Monkey Island Sound

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

AndyM8

The secret of Monkey Island Sound

Post by AndyM8 »

After a bored luchtime at work i decided to look up Monkey Island on Wikipedia and then found my way here. Got a copy of the Amiga version of the game but have read that ScummVm doesnt have the music for the amiga version. Is there any way of getting around this or any way for you guys to find a way around it in the future?
I was contemplating getting the old Amiga out the loft and playing it on there but then i remembered it had about 8 disks and took forever to load so id rather play it on the PC.
If theres no current way around it ill have to look into buying the pc version on ebay or something, or putting up with the 10 min cutscene waits on my old Amiga.
Thanks for your help
clem

Re: The secret of Monkey Island Sound

Post by clem »

AndyM8 wrote:After a bored luchtime at work i decided to look up Monkey Island on Wikipedia and then found my way here. Got a copy of the Amiga version of the game but have read that ScummVm doesnt have the music for the amiga version. Is there any way of getting around this or any way for you guys to find a way around it in the future?
I was contemplating getting the old Amiga out the loft and playing it on there but then i remembered it had about 8 disks and took forever to load so id rather play it on the PC.
If theres no current way around it ill have to look into buying the pc version on ebay or something, or putting up with the 10 min cutscene waits on my old Amiga.
Thanks for your help
If you are into Amiga you still could give http://www.winuae.net/ a shot - should play your disks with sound and all I guess (never tried that out myself though)

clem
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

You can enjoy Monkey1 Amiga, and even the DOS-CD Version with Amiga Music.

The Amiga Music is available here:

http://www.scummbar.com/amiga/

Simply copy the tracks in your desired game folder.

This thread will also help you to copy the Amiga version to the PC.:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=207

Joachim
AndyM8

Post by AndyM8 »

Thanks guys, just had a route around my loft and found moneky 1 + 2, couldnt find the amiga console at the time but from the info youve posted looks like i wont need it.
Thanks again
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

AndyM8 wrote:Thanks guys, just had a route around my loft and found moneky 1 + 2, couldnt find the amiga console at the time but from the info youve posted looks like i wont need it.
Though, you can't read the Amiga disks using a comon PC controller.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

LogicDeLuxe wrote:Though, you can't read the Amiga disks using a comon PC controller.
Still you can, however that's somewhat tricky and you will need 2 floppy drives.

Eugene