Call for testing: Legend of Kyrandia

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Still can't download kyra.dat - anyone got a mirror for it?
citizeneman

Post by citizeneman »

So how is the sound coming along? Can you give an estimatation of when the sound will be done?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

citizeneman wrote:So how is the sound coming along? Can you give an estimatation of when the sound will be done?
They sound should work, what is the problem?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

sound effects work just fine, they just sound a bit low in volume

What was the problem with them btw and how did it get fixed?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

md5 wrote:sound effects work just fine, they just sound a bit low in volume

What was the problem with them btw and how did it get fixed?
Well before we had a MIDI -> Adlib conversion, currently we use the real Adlib tracks if Adlib is selected, but MIDI is atm broken.
citizeneman

Post by citizeneman »

LordHoto wrote:
citizeneman wrote:So how is the sound coming along? Can you give an estimatation of when the sound will be done?
They sound should work, what is the problem?
Sorry, I was using an old build, because the last time I was here I don't think the sound was working yet.
Ocellot

Some Difficulties

Post by Ocellot »

Hello, I noticed that there was a beta test for the old Kyrandia 1 game, and seeing as I have all 3 on Cd, I though I would help as much as I could to work some of the bugs out. But I find that I can't even start the game at all. Yes, I d/l the data file along with the SVN snapshot, but when I searched the dirctories on the cd, it says that no game was found in the directory. I even tried installing the game and useing the program to search those directories, and still it could not locate the game. Is there something I am doing wrong?
clem

Re: Some Difficulties

Post by clem »

Ocellot wrote:Hello, I noticed that there was a beta test for the old Kyrandia 1 game, and seeing as I have all 3 on Cd, I though I would help as much as I could to work some of the bugs out. But I find that I can't even start the game at all. Yes, I d/l the data file along with the SVN snapshot, but when I searched the dirctories on the cd, it says that no game was found in the directory. I even tried installing the game and useing the program to search those directories, and still it could not locate the game. Is there something I am doing wrong?
it should be the kyrandia 1 directory where all the .pak files are
Ocellot

Post by Ocellot »

Thanks Clem, that helped alot. The sound works fine and everthing. That game runs pretty smooth, although at time it does speed up during certain scenes near the end.
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

I can't get past the birthstones puzzle, whatever I do, the game only gives me the same incorrect set of stones. Whenever I consume a stone, the exact same stone respawns somewhere else.
The rubys on the ruby tree also fail to regenerate for me.
The only way I could get past that puzzle was ordering up a Topaz with debug mode.
clem

Post by clem »

Dwedit wrote:I can't get past the birthstones puzzle, whatever I do, the game only gives me the same incorrect set of stones. Whenever I consume a stone, the exact same stone respawns somewhere else.
The only way I could get past that puzzle was ordering up a Topaz with debug mode.
Odd, I came through there a few days ago and it worked (saved, then reloaded after every incorrect stone though) - might be a shortcoming in the original game scripts

the way I see it there some possibilities to render the game uncompleteable:
- fly to the castle as a unicorn without the key
- consume all (both?) apples or I think you can lose them by throwing them into the cauldron
- somehow destroy all rubies/tulips/blueberries
- possibly this aforementioned gem behaviour
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Dwedit wrote:I can't get past the birthstones puzzle, whatever I do, the game only gives me the same incorrect set of stones. Whenever I consume a stone, the exact same stone respawns somewhere else.
"incorrect" set of stones? It's random every game FYI. Also if a gem is incorrect it get's spawned at anther place again, also one problem is that sometimes you need to walk a bit around so different stones get 'spawned' in the map (that happens only randomly too, I had some problems too then I just run straight through the game last time) Though that's all a problem of the original game.
Spookyy

Post by Spookyy »

kyra.dat download link does not work. Anyone got an alternative link to get the file?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Spookyy wrote:kyra.dat download link does not work. Anyone got an alternative link to get the file?
try it later again, there is no alternative download link.
Malohkan

Mirror

Post by Malohkan »

If someone could be so kind as to email the kyra.dat file to me at Malohkan [at] gamelizard [dot] com I'd be happy to set up a mirror right away on my site and post the link back here. I'm going out of town for about a week this evening so I'm willing to go out of my way to have this with me on my trip :)