ScummVM could not find any game in the specified dir

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Post Reply
BeerGuzzler
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:55 pm

ScummVM could not find any game in the specified dir

Post by BeerGuzzler » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi guys,

I've just downloaded The Beast Within (Gabriel Knight 2) and I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream from GOG. I've installed the games on my PC, then copy/pasted them onto my phone.

But when trying to add the game in ScummVM, I get an error message saying it can't find the game. Any advice? I've googled all over but couldn't find a good answer - whether it's an issue with my Android version, me doing something wrong with the install, or something else entirely.

My phone is a OnePlus 2 running Android 6. I'm using the latest version of ScummVM.

User avatar
Longcat
Posts: 981
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by Longcat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:48 pm

The gog version of IHNM stores all the data in a cd image file called 'NoMouth.dat'. You need to rename the file extension to *.ISO and extract the game data from the cd image. It uses an ISO 9660 file system.

Same goes for GK2.

A list of the required game data files can be seen here:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... ust_Scream

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... 3.29_games

User avatar
scarmona
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:09 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post by scarmona » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:19 pm

Actually, unless you're using a nightly, unstable version of ScummVM, you won't be able to play GK2 as this is supported only from 1.10.0, the latest version on the Play Store is 1.9.0.1. I'd say this is the reason why you're getting the error message.

Not really sure for IHNMAIMS as I don't have that game.

BeerGuzzler
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by BeerGuzzler » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:42 am

Longcat wrote:The gog version of IHNM stores all the data in a cd image file called 'NoMouth.dat'. You need to rename the file extension to *.ISO and extract the game data from the cd image. It uses an ISO 9660 file system.

Same goes for GK2.

A list of the required game data files can be seen here:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... ust_Scream

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... 3.29_games
Thanks, I'll give this a try! Does that mean mounting the .iso, then moving all the files into the game directory on my phone?

scarmona wrote:Actually, unless you're using a nightly, unstable version of ScummVM, you won't be able to play GK2 as this is supported only from 1.10.0, the latest version on the Play Store is 1.9.0.1. I'd say this is the reason why you're getting the error message.

Not really sure for IHNMAIMS as I don't have that game.
Bummer, does 1.10.0 work on Android?

User avatar
scarmona
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:09 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Post by scarmona » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:12 am

BeerGuzzler wrote:Bummer, does 1.10.0 work on Android?
Yes, but only as a debug version for now...
You can find it here:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

User avatar
Longcat
Posts: 981
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by Longcat » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:32 pm

BeerGuzzler wrote:
Longcat wrote:The gog version of IHNM stores all the data in a cd image file called 'NoMouth.dat'. You need to rename the file extension to *.ISO and extract the game data from the cd image. It uses an ISO 9660 file system.

Same goes for GK2.

A list of the required game data files can be seen here:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... ust_Scream

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... 3.29_games

Thanks, I'll give this a try! Does that mean mounting the .iso, then moving all the files into the game directory on my phone?
Basically, yes.

Post Reply