ALL point-and-click adventures

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Louie

ALL point-and-click adventures

Post by Louie »

hi! btw, im new here, and im a BIG fan of all the point-and-click adventure games. i used to play them (esp. the lucas arts games) when i were smaller! cant remember to much about them but lately i started picking them up again and im gonna play through most of em (one at the time tho) right now im doing broken sword!

anyway, i wanted to make a list of ALL the point-and-click adventure games, cause i wanna know of all titles and wanna go through and try all of them, im soon gonna show the list ive made so far. i wanted your guys help to make the list bigger (if possible) of point-and-click adventures ive missed out on! please make a post including some titles ive missed out on! the titles ive done a "(?)" after means im not sure if this game is a point-and-click game as the rest i mention in the list, so correct me on those titles if you know aswell!

the list;

Beavis and Butt-Head Do U
Beavis and Butt-Head: Virtual Stupidity
Beneath a Steel Sky
Broken Sword: The Shadows of the Templar
Broken Sword: THe Smoking Mirror
Discworld
Discworld II: Mortality Bytes!
Discworld Noir (?)
Flight of the Amazon Queen
Freddy Pharkas, Frontier Pharmacist
Full Throttle
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (?)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work
Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out!
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail!
Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Sam & Max: Hit the Road
Simon the Sorcerer
Simon the Sorcerer II: The Lion, the Wizard and the Wardrobe
Space Quest 6: Roger Wilco in the Spinal Frontier (?)
The Curse of Monkey Island
The Dagger of Amon Ra: A Laura Bow Mystery (?)
The Dig
The Legend of Kyrandia, Book Two: The Hand of Fate
The Legend of Kyrandia: Fables & Fiends
The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Serrated Scalpel
The Secret of Monkey Island
TOONSTRUCK (?)
Last edited by Louie on Wed May 03, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clem

Post by clem »

not to forget all the supported games at http://scummvm.org/compatibility.php

I think this thread belongs to the Junkyard though, since it's not really ScummVM related
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: ALL point-and-click adventures

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Louie wrote:anyway, i wanted to make a list of ALL the point-and-click adventure games
Well, you could start with Mobygame's list of adventure games but I don't know how complete it is, and you would still have to filter the point-and-click games from the rest. Some games would be tricky to classify, e.g. Deja Vu or Journey: The Quest Begins where most commands were made with the mouse, but you still had to type things occasionally.
Qvist

Post by Qvist »

Here is a list av adventuregames that might be what you're looking for. (Almost) only 2d, 3rd person adventuregames.
Qvist

Post by Qvist »

Collector

Post by Collector »

Not all point and click and by no means complete -- there are several Sierra games missing, for example.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Collector: ehm, okay....well can you write them down here if it aint to much work for you and if you got time.. i wanted ppl to write down the titles of games here which is exactly the same type of game as the rest in the list that ive missed out on, and i will update the list everytime. its easy like that so i also dont have to look through a bunch of lists to separate the 3d ones, in-eyes ones etc etc, thats to much work, but thanks for the list anyway Qvist.

if someone knows if the games with the (?) symbol at the end is exactly the same type of game as the rest in the list, then i'd be glad to know! plz write here if so.

list updated;

Beavis and Butt-Head Do U
TOONSTRUCK (?)
LogicDeLuxe

Re: ALL point-and-click adventures

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

There is a huge list of adventures: http://www.adventure-archiv.de/
For each entry, the type is stating, so you know if it's point & click. Also for most games there are links to demos, trailers, freeware versions etc. if available.

Acording to that site, also all the "Leisure Suit Larry" games are point & click, which is correct as you can walk using point & click, though that's all about it, in the early games.
Also Larry 7 is one of those tricky ones, as there are a few situation where you have to type in commands.
Qvist

Post by Qvist »

Louie:heh, I'll rephrase myself. There are no 1st person (in eyes) adventures in the list I posted, there are no 3d games except simon3d, escape from monkey island, qfg5, kq8 (listed because other in the series are 2d). Also some earlier Sierra games are textbased (ie lsl, kq, pq, sq) and for some there are remakes that are point and clik, (lsl1). Yeap, might be some game missing here even though but I beleive this list indeed is a good start for the list you are trying to make. It's not a list I made up 5mins ago, have been playing point n cliks for over 10 years.

Collector: read above, and missing games, especially from Sierra?

Removed some dupes in the list
Collector

Post by Collector »

Qvist, here are a few Sierra/Sierra family games that are Missing. Bargon Attack (Coktel Vision), Crime City (Impressions), both Incas (Coktel Vision), Last Dynasty (Coktel Vision), Lighthouse, Lost In Time (Coktel Vision), the Mixed-Up series of children's games, Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, RAMA, Rise of the Dragon (Dynamix), both Shivers and Urban Runner (Coktel Vision).

As long as you are including AGI games, such as The Black Cauldron, which have no mouse support there is Donald Duck's Playground. Not so much of a Point and click interface, but other adventures are Coktel Vision's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea and The Prophecy. If you are going to include successors of adventure series, like Mask Of Eternity, you might as well include the SWAT games.

I don't want to invest too much time in this, but there are other non Sierra games missing from this list, like Callahan's Crosstime Saloon, Black Mirror, both Crystal Keys, Maupiti Island, The Last Express, Noir, Discworld Noir, Obsidian, Sanitarium, both Syberias, the Tex Murphy games (Tex Murphy: Overseer, Under a Killing Moon, etc.) and Toonstruck.

I don't mean to be critical, but coming up with a complete list would be a very daunting task and the inclusion of some games would be debatable.
Qvist

Post by Qvist »

Yes I agree, making a complete list would be difficult, if not impossible and the problem would be to define what's pnc adventure or not. I didn't say my list would be complete but if you're into pnc this would be a list to look at to get ideas of games. I havn't played all the games you are listing but I have myself not listed some I did't like/thought was pnc (imo) (ie phantasmagoria, discword noir) and some (syberia, toonstruck) actually are in my list. Well, I believe Louie should have enough material for his list by now. After all the games are meant to be played, not sorted in a list. =)