Indy 3

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Sordid

Indy 3

Post by Sordid »

With the newest SVN the game stops after the Lucasfilm Games Logo. When I hit ESC, the game start with Barnett College. The whole trainscene-intro is being skipped. Any suggestions?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Indy 3

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Sordid wrote:With the newest SVN the game stops after the Lucasfilm Games Logo. When I hit ESC, the game start with Barnett College. The whole trainscene-intro is being skipped. Any suggestions?
I can't reproduce that with the English 256-colour PC version (which is the only one I have). If the problem persists, I suggest filing a bug report.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

This bug only happens for fan-translations of indy3towns.

I have already reported it, but not as a seperate bugreport.

If fingolfin told me to file so, or if it gets overlooked, i file a more sophisticated report.

currently, zak and monkey2 transes don't work at all with current svn.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

... and I just commited a change that should help. At least with it, I can play both Indy3 and Zak FM-TOWNS with MD5 detection completely disabled, provided "platform=fmtowns" is specified (which you can easily do via the GUI, by choosing the right platform; or by choosing the "FM-TOWNS" variant offered by the detector).
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

fingolfin wrote:Fingolfin already "told you", see https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... p_id=37116 :-)
Ah, didn't see :)

I wait for the next snapshot, and then I'll file any remaining bugs.
Sordid

Post by Sordid »

Yes, the game is modified with a fan translation (gandimann.de) With the current snapshot all modified games work (Zak, Monkey 1 & 2, Indy 4). Just Indy 3 skipped the intro. Rest of the game works fine.
Sordid

Post by Sordid »

Indy 3 works again (SVN from May, 1)
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Yeah, didn't encounter any of those bugs mentioned before.

Good work!

The only thing now is, for Monkey2Towns Translations, one now has to choose FM-Towns as platfrom manually for it to work.

Otherwise, really nice detection now, Fingolfin :D
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Having to choose the FM-TOWNS version shouldn't really pose a problem, I hope :-). In particular, answering that question should be a lot easier than determining the correct MD5 value to be used with target_md5, and hopefully will work for most users "out of the box" w/o any further explanations.

Well except for those people who obtain a warez copy of a translated FM-TOWNS version and who have no idea which setting to choose... poor fellows *g*.

Anyway, I am glad to hear it works fine now!