Land of Lore not working anymore

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Post Reply
jimmy
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Land of Lore not working anymore

Post by jimmy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Hello,
I've updated ScummVM through the Google Play store and now Land of Lore is not working anymore - it says that I have a missing or corrupted KYRA.DAT file.
I've tried to download it from your site and put it in my LOL directory but it didn't fix the problem.

Can you please help me?

Thanks!

digitall
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 971
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by digitall » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:13 pm

I assume you mean you downloaded this file.. If not, download this and do a file compare against your kyra.dat:
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/raw/ ... a/kyra.dat

This should be in the extra path directory, rather than the game data directory ... Putting this in the game directory was a bit of a hack:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_ ... #Paths_tab

jimmy
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by jimmy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:33 pm

Thank you for your reply, but it didn't fix the problem.

I've downloaded the file from your link, deleted the file that I put in the LOL directory, specified the Extra path and put the new file in it, but still have the same message.

I've tried as well uninstalling ScummVM and reinstalling it from the Play store, but the problem remains.

jimmy
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by jimmy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:09 am

OK, I've managed to fix it thanks to the info on this page:
http://linux.goeszen.com/kyra-dat-not-f ... buntu.html

On this site
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/blob ... a/kyra.dat
you have to specify the branch which corresponds to the ScummVM version which you are running - 1.8.1 in my case and then download the corresponding kyra.dat file.

digitall
ScummVM Developer
Posts: 971
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by digitall » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:41 pm

Apologies, I should have realised that you need the engine-data from the release branch, not the latest master.

We probably should amend the download page to point to the stable branch version rather than the master (development) which would align with the downloads offered there.

Post Reply