Great news for all German-speaking IHNM fans!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mustrum

Great news for all German-speaking IHNM fans!

Post by Mustrum »

Due to the well-known fact that the developer has censored the whole ‘Nimdok’ chapter of the game, some retro gaming fans have created an elaborate patch. The whole chapter has been thoroughly translated into German and the associated sequence at the end of the game has been reactivated and translated as well.

The original English version of IHNM is needed. 3 files are being replaced by the patch.
When patched, ‘I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream’ contains full English speech and German text (dialogue text and interface).

This German fan-made version is playable via ScummVM higher than v1.8.0 (or daily builds) and it also works perfectly with DOSBox.

Here's the download link to the patch: http://ihnm.blogspot.com

Don’t forget to read the included readme file!

Many thanks to sev and eriktorbjorn for support this version.

Enjoy!

Gute Neuigkeiten für alle deutschsprachige IHNM-Fans!

Da die Herstellerfirma den Charakter ‘Nimdok’ zensiert hat, haben einige Fans von Retro-Games einen Patch erstellt und den Nimdok-Charakter komplett in die deutsche Sprache übersetzt.

Die gepatchte Version von ‘I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream’ mit den Nimdok-Charakter hat englische Sprach- und deutsche Textausgabe.
Der Patch benötigt die Original englische IHNM-Version und es werden 3 Dateien ersetzt.

Die German fan-made Version ist spielbar mit ScummVM höher als v1.8.0 (oder daily builds) und mit DOSBox.

Hier der Downloadlink zum Patch: http://ihnm.blogspot.com

Nicht vergessen die beiliegende Readme lesen.

Vielen Dank an sev und eriktorbjorn für die Unterstützung für diese Version.

Viel Spaß
crazy_achmed

Post by crazy_achmed »

This is nice, but the problem is your patch contains exe files to "patch" some original files.

Is it possible to get diffs for the changed files? I run scummvm on linux and cannot execute windows exe file (and i also would not do if i could for security reasons)
Mustrum

Post by Mustrum »

crazy_achmed wrote:This is nice, but the problem is your patch contains exe files to "patch" some original files.
This is not a problem this is a feature.
The patch replace the files S.EXE, SCREAM.RES and SCRIPTS.RES (S.EXE need for DOSBox)
All three files was modified and translated in German.
Is it possible to get diffs for the changed files?
Here the md5 checksums (hashdeep) for the changed files (German fan-made version):

Code: Select all

79219797, 	ed824d6a4587de2a034b723190a43a0f, 	SCREAM.RES
523800, 	9900d1e2a6607c7923a1dd3d98fb2a18, 	SCRIPTS.RES
542311, 	3030aeddfd85956c55c853cbec9b71ca, 	S.EXE
You can see all checksums in the detection_tables.h.
I run scummvm on linux and cannot execute windows exe file (and i also would not do if i could for security reasons)
I use Debian/sid and the Patch executable file works fine with wine.
Bobbin

Post by Bobbin »

Great news, seems I will finally play it!