The Journeyman Project:

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Vorph

The Journeyman Project:

Post by Vorph »

Hello,

I recently bought The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime over at gog.com and tried to add it to my list of games in ScummVM. I noticed in the forums that the DVD (GOG) Version was not yet added to the detector table.

"JMP PP Resources", 0, "d13a602d2498010d720a6534f097f88b", 2075337

Is there a specific reason why this Version was left out. From what I understand is the exe provided by gog a stripped down version of scummvm.

Regards,

Vorph
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

From what I understand, the version released on GOG is an extended version, compared to the original Macintosh version of Pegasus Prime, and relies on some additions to the game engine. I don't know about the GOG version, but I'm pretty sure that the source code for these additions were included with the DVD version.

Not being familiar with the game engine, I don't know why these changes haven't been included in ScummVM yet. My best guess would be that they're not in good enough shape to merge straight away, and that perhaps they break compatibility with the old version that ScummVM does support? As I recall it (I can't check at the moment), it was a fairly large set of changes.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

eriktorbjorn wrote:Not being familiar with the game engine, I don't know why these changes haven't been included in ScummVM yet.
Because cleaning up the branch is a time-consuming effort. It will be merged eventually. I think my current effort is about halfway done cleaning it.
Vorph

Post by Vorph »

No need to hurry, I just wanted to make sure that I do not need to file an entry to the bugtracker.

Keep up the good work :D

Vorph
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clone2727 wrote:
eriktorbjorn wrote:Not being familiar with the game engine, I don't know why these changes haven't been included in ScummVM yet.
Because cleaning up the branch is a time-consuming effort. It will be merged eventually. I think my current effort is about halfway done cleaning it.
That's what I thought. I hope I didn't come across as accusatory in my earlier post. (I was a bit worried about that when I wrote it, which is why I tried to moderate it by adding my guesses.)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

eriktorbjorn wrote:That's what I thought. I hope I didn't come across as accusatory in my earlier post. (I was a bit worried about that when I wrote it, which is why I tried to moderate it by adding my guesses.)
Didn't come across that way to me at all :)