XCode 7 beta: ScummVM for everyone

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

legueil

XCode 7 beta: ScummVM for everyone

Post by legueil »

With new XCode 7 beta everyone can install apps to their iDevices - even without developer account. But: is there a current version where the XCode project builds in the new beta? I tried some of the older versions where it was still included but with no luck ...
legueil

Post by legueil »

It finally works. I used Version 1.3.0 which compiles without errors. Make sure to disable bitcode in the build settings.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

Yes, ScummVM will launch on the device, but can you add games/folders?

I've previously tried this and if you weren't jailbroken then it simply crashed when it tried to browse the filesystem to add the games.
legueil

Post by legueil »

sofakng wrote:Yes, ScummVM will launch on the device, but can you add games/folders?

I've previously tried this and if you weren't jailbroken then it simply crashed when it tried to browse the filesystem to add the games.
Yes, you can add games: Open the Devices window, click on the gear under "installed apps", select "download container". Right click that container in Finder, select "show content" an put the game folder inside the Documents folder of the contanier. Upload the container via the gear in Devices window, start "ScummVM" on your device and enjoy.

Don't know if there's a better way to accomplish this, but it works like a charm.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

Hmmm, that doesn't work for me. I've copied a game into the Documents folder (using iExplorer) but when I click the [Add Games] button it immediately crashes.

I see that you are using an older version though... (1.3.0)

I'm using the latest build from the buildbot server (but I signed everything and packaged it into an IPA file). As I mentioned, the application starts fine (the GUI is tiny though), but when I click Add Games, it immediately crashes. I think it's because it's trying to browse the root filesystem which is forbidden on non-jailbroken phones.
legueil

Post by legueil »

Hmmmm... I can't believe it crashes while browsing the file system. That works fine with me here. But I had some crashes with the unmodified code when holding the device in portrait mode. There's some issue when ScummVM tries to display the keyboard (which it does in portrait mode), so I commented out some lines in iphone_keyboard.m

The keyboard has no effect now, but I don't need it for MI3. Everything works, unjailbroken.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

Sorry for so many questions, but where did you get the 1.3.0 source? Github only goes back to 1.4.0 it looks like. Also, what lines did you comment out?

I'm trying to get the latest (1.8.0-git) to compile but it requires iOS SDK 3.1.2. I'm trying to get that working or maybe I will try to remove the obsolete calls and upgrade it to SDK 8.4.
legueil

Post by legueil »

I used this one here:
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/rele ... branch-1-3

In /backends/platform/iphone/iphone_keyboard.m I commented out these lines with two slashes:

Code: Select all

//[[self textInputTraits] setAutocorrectionType:(UITextAutocorrectionType)1];
    //[[self textInputTraits] setAutocapitalizationType:(UITextAutocapitalizationType)0];
    //[[self textInputTraits] setEnablesReturnKeyAutomatically:NO];
As I said, this disables text input, but if you can live with that, try it out.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

I'll give that a try. Thanks much!

EDIT: Hmmm, I'm using v1.3.0 and the xcodeproj inside the dists/iphone folder, but when compiling it says it can't find .../gui/editable.cpp.

I've also made progress on compiling v1.8.0 from Git, but I can't seem to compile the ARM assembly (codec47ARM.s).
legueil

Post by legueil »

I tried so many branches, I can't remember missing any files in this one :) But just delete them from "Build phases" tab (Compile Sources) when missing file errors pop up while building. Should be very few, but as I said - it works! It's worth the effort.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

Would it be possible to upload the IPA somewhere and I can resign it?
legueil

Post by legueil »

Building without a developer account just creates an .app-file, no .ipa. Does that help?

EDIT: Already tried this one? http://www.mediafire.com/download/hj1as ... 5.0git.ipa
Last edited by legueil on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

Yeah, that would work too. I can package it into an IPA and sign it with my developer certificate.

Thanks!
legueil

Post by legueil »

Edited my last post too late ... Already tried this one from the 1.5.0 branch?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hj1as ... 5.0git.ipa

Tell me if it doesn't work, then I will PM you ...
sofakng

Post by sofakng »

That one works! Thanks so much!

Well, I don't have any games to add from my work machine, but when I click [Add Games] it doesn't crash! The resolution also looks good and the GUI isn't tiny like 1.7.0.

I'm still working on compiling 1.8.0 too... Everything seems to compile fine except for the ARM assembly files which I can't quite figure out how to compile correctly.

Thanks again!