Amiga sound/music error

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

slx

Amiga sound/music error

Post by slx »

I set the audio device to Amiga Audio emulator!
I started the Indy 4 and Monkey 2 Amiga versions on 'ScummVM 1.7.0' and I noticed neither the music nor sound not match with the original Amiga music and sound!
I used the WINUAE emulator to make comparison.

For example in Monkey 2 when you open the door to Largo's room on ScummVM gives a strange instrument effect what is far from the original Amiga sound effect!

Please, correct these errors!
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Amiga sound/music error

Post by LordHoto »

slx wrote:I set the audio device to Amiga Audio emulator!
I started the Indy 4 and Monkey 2 Amiga versions on 'ScummVM 1.7.0' and I noticed neither the music nor sound not match with the original Amiga music and sound!

For example in Monkey 2 when you open the door to Largo's room on ScummVM gives a strange instrument effect what is far from the original Amiga sound effect!

Please see our compatibility page. It mentions that we do not support Amiga instruments for Monkey Island 2 and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
This has been an open issue for years, which should show that this is not trivial work. So, I wouldn't hold my breath on this being supported any time soon.
slx

Re: Amiga sound/music error

Post by slx »

LordHoto wrote:
slx wrote:I set the audio device to Amiga Audio emulator!

Please see our compatibility page. It mentions that we do not support Amiga instruments for Monkey Island 2 and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
This has been an open issue for years, which should show that this is not trivial work. So, I wouldn't hold my breath on this being supported any time soon.
Ok, thanks for the answer! Sorry about my inattention!

BUT!
If these two games lack of the original instrument samples then you should modify the 'Support Level' to 'Good' because
it is not fully supported!

In my opinion a game reaches the 'Excellent' 'Support Level' if it fully supported!
And these two are not fully supported!
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

The Mac/DOS/FM Towns game support is excellent and the Amiga version lacking proper music support should not change that fact.
slx

Post by slx »

clone2727 wrote:The Mac/DOS/FM Towns game support is excellent and the Amiga version lacking proper music support should not change that fact.
It is ok, but the excellent rating misleading because it is still lacks in the proper music support...