Touche: hold right click for context menu

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pOcHa

Touche: hold right click for context menu

Post by pOcHa »

When you either multitouch with two fingers, or hold a tap for 0.5 seconds to emulate the right mouse button click - the context menu appears just for a microsecond and only the first option in it ever gets selected.

I am on a phone that doesn't have a search NOR a camera button, so I don't know if you can hold them to get the desired effect, but could you make it so that:

A) when you hold a tap for 0.5 seconds, just the context menu appears, nothing is automatically selected, and then you have to left click on the desired option in it?

B) when you multitouch with two fingers, the context menu appears when you press DOWN the second finger (not when you lift it UP), so that you can then move the pointer to the desired option with the first finger (while they are both still pressed down), and it gets selected only once you lift UP the second finger?
laffo16

Post by laffo16 »

hi, i would just like to second this bug. There is currently no way of holding down the right click (the context menu only displays when right click is held). Is there anyway to fix this?
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

I think that's because that gesture is mapped to a right click sequence (right mouse down + wait + right mouse up)

Thanks for pointing it out. I will keep it mind in the new event mapper. Maybe the android maintainers can make a workaround in the meantime.
laffo16

Post by laffo16 »

any developers had a chance 2 have a look at this?
laffo16

Post by laffo16 »

sorry to bump, have any work arounds come out for this?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

tl;dr No.

The Android port developers are very busy IRL and haven't had a chance to look at this.

I would suggest that you file this as a formal bug in the tracker if you haven't already and this will be dealt with in time.

If this is unacceptable, I would point out that we are an open source project and that patches to fix this would be welcomed.
MAN-biker

Post by MAN-biker »

Very sad, but as i understood, "Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer" is still unplayable on Android devices using touchscreens. :cry:
DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik »

YEAH... it's pass two years and the games still no playable on android devices.......

https://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/bugs/6753/
MAN-biker

Post by MAN-biker »

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Well, we do care, but nobody found a way to fix this particular behavior.

We'll just need a developer who likes the game and can dedicate some of his/her free time for it, and also has an Android device to test it on. If such a person is found, then yes, Spongebob above can sleep peacefully.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

It also requires a developer who has a copy of the game and it is quite rare. I bought a copy a while back and it was the most I have ever paid for a game :/

I could probably take a look at this, but I just don't have any free time currently of sufficient quantity. Work is manic.

Touche does some odd and very complext things internally with mouse within the main function in touche.cpp i.e.
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/blob ... e.cpp#L450

So fixing this without causing regressions will need this functionality to be picked apart and cleaned up...
MAN-biker

Post by MAN-biker »

digitall wrote: Touche does some odd and very complext things internally with mouse within the main function...
But may be you should make something NOT in this game's engine, but in Android port globally (touchscreen interface)?
Is it possible at all in any other games (in android scummvm port) to hold right mouse button and move cursor and then release RMB or\AND click LMB? I think it's impossible right now (using touchscreen, of course, no problem using mouse input).
Last edited by MAN-biker on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

MAN-biker wrote:
digitall wrote: Touche does some odd and very complext things internally with mouse within the main function...
But may be you should make something NOT in this game's engine, but in Android port globally?
Is it possible at all in any other games (in android scummvm port) to hold right mouse button and move cursor and then release RMB or\AND click LMB? I think it's impossible right now.
No, each game engine has a completely different interface. For example, Monkey Island 3 has a coin interface, where you keep your finger pressed. So no, it's not possible to have the same interface for all the games that are currently supported, some (like this one) require extra functionality.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

MAN-biker wrote:But may be you should make something NOT in this game's engine, but in Android port globally (touchscreen interface)?
Is it possible at all in any other games (in android scummvm port) to hold right mouse button and move cursor and then release RMB or\AND click LMB? I think it's impossible right now (using touchscreen, of course, no problem using mouse input).
See our wiki for the exact controls. The controls could use some updating to be better with clicks, to be honest. I already had a similar issue with clicks registering too often.
MAN-biker

Post by MAN-biker »

Is it possible to replace input scheme in TOUCHE engine???
from
RMB hold -> move cursor -> RMB release
to
RMB click -> move cursor -> LMB click