ScummVM 1.7.0 Release Build Uploaded

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

ScummVM 1.7.0 Release Build Uploaded

Post by LordHoto »

I just uploaded a release build of 1.7.0 for iPhone/iOS to our website. It is a .deb file which can easily be installed by using dpkg (which is included with Cydia) on a jailbroken iOS device. The build should work with all jailbroken iOS versions, there is no need to do anything manual to get it to run with modern iOS versions anymore.
Dr_Woolf

Post by Dr_Woolf »

Thanks, LordHoto, :)
But 'dpkg -i scummvm-1.7.0-iphone.deb' doesn't work (dpkg is preloaded from Cydia), :(
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Dr_Woolf wrote:Thanks, LordHoto, :)
But 'dpkg -i scummvm-1.7.0-iphone.deb' doesn't work (dpkg is preloaded from Cydia), :(
I was able to install it when I tried it on my iPhone. What does it say for you?
Dr_Woolf

Post by Dr_Woolf »

"cannot access archive: No such file or directory..."
on iphone 5s (iOS 7.1.2) + updated Cydia
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Dr_Woolf wrote:"cannot access archive: No such file or directory..."
on iphone 5s (iOS 7.1.2) + updated Cydia
Are you sure you point dpkg at the actual file location? That's an error what seems to indicate there's no "scummvm-1.7.0-iphone.deb" file in your current working directory. You will need to copy the file over to your iOS device and then point dpkg at it.
Dr_Woolf

Post by Dr_Woolf »

:shock: Oh, Hmm then Erm: No.
First I loaded 1.5.0 from Cydia, then 1.7.0 scummvm as you described, and it worked (if I don't load 1.5.0 from Cydia, a shorcut to scummvm does not appear on desktop).

A have request LordHoto: bluetooth keyboard doesn't work on landscape mode for years, :(
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Dr_Woolf wrote::shock: Oh, Hmm then Erm: No.
First I loaded 1.5.0 from Cydia, then 1.7.0 scummvm as you described, and it worked (if I don't load 1.5.0 from Cydia, a shorcut to scummvm does not appear on desktop).
Yes, you'll need to use Respring or reboot your phone to make it appear when you use dpkg manually. I think there's some
other CLI command to make it appear (i.e. make Spring refresh), but I forgot what it was...
Dr_Woolf wrote:A have request LordHoto: bluetooth keyboard doesn't work on landscape mode for years, :(
I don't have any bluetooth keyboard, so no idea about this one.
Jabz

Post by Jabz »

How do I get this as an IPA? So I can resign it to install on a non Jailbroken Iphone 6?
SubElement

Post by SubElement »

Jabz wrote:How do I get this as an IPA? So I can resign it to install on a non Jailbroken Iphone 6?
I want nothing more than to get ScummVM on my iPhone 6. I'd compile it myself if there was a working xcode project. :(
calium

Re: ScummVM 1.7.0 Release Build Uploaded

Post by calium »

LordHoto wrote:I just uploaded a release build of 1.7.0 for iPhone/iOS to our website. It is a .deb file which can easily be installed by using dpkg (which is included with Cydia) on a jailbroken iOS device. The build should work with all jailbroken iOS versions, there is no need to do anything manual to get it to run with modern iOS versions anymore.
it is not working on my ipad air anymore since i use 8.1 with pangu. closes itself directly after start.

ScummVM_1.5.0.git still working as long as you set permissions of the whole app to 755
Ravippe

Better sound ios version

Post by Ravippe »

i have been trying to figure this out for a few years, on and off. Is there a way to get some type of better sound out of scumm ios version 1.7.0? Like i want to play kinqs quest with midi, or roland 32, or anything better than adlib.

Basically is there anything i can do thats supported in ios version? Should i add a soundfount and what options do i click? Will it work for lets say sierra games like conquest of longbow or kings quest 5 or 6?

Another thing is why doesnt scumm ios support scalers? Like hq2x . I can run kq6 in dospad or idos with enhanced graphics but scumm has no option. The windows version has all the good stuff... :(