HELP! scummVM don't work!...

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lord_noodle

HELP! scummVM don't work!...

Post by lord_noodle »

Hi!

I had the 0.8.0 ver.
Then exidentaly, moved the files to another folder - so scumm didnt work.

where can I find the configuration files? I need to change them to the new library.

I've got WINDOWS 2000

and another thing:
I tried to fix it by myself and used the uninstall and it didnt do anything becuase I moved the files from the original installition path.
what now?

Thanks!
lord_noodle

Post by lord_noodle »

The Error that scummVM show is this:

" config file buggy : key/value pair found outside a domain in line 1 "

What to do?
LOGAN

Post by LOGAN »

do a search on scummvm.ini, often found in your windows dir. That's where the setings are kept. and check line 1.

On the record: I rather would have an config file reside in the apps folder itself.
clem

Post by clem »

LOGAN wrote:On the record: I rather would have an config file reside in the apps folder itself.
has been discussed with no end, it'll stay the way it is :-/
LOGAN

Post by LOGAN »

not even optionally, eh?

Problem is that sometimes the Subversion I have installed parralel to scummvm original release also writes to the same ini.

Oh well, I just dont see the reason why apps would put app specific stuff in the Windows dir at all. (is it removed after uninstall even?)

the Windows folder is for windows stuff or for real shared files, without this reason I don't see why some developers insist on using the Windows folder. In my opinion SCUMMVM files have no other reason using the windows folder to store configs.

Typically Windows... :)
clem

Post by clem »

for the record:

- it would be good coding practice to put it in personal settings, but that isn't available in 95/98
- it would be good MS practice to put it into the registry, but nobody really wants that
- it would be bad practice to put it in the app dir, since that might be write-protected
- leaves windir as the smallest common thing; at least it's not C:\ as some DOS CD-games do...
- all of that is pretty much different from how it is handled on linux etc

please not start a discussion on that (again), but feel free to search for past discussions; for the standard way this request is handled, see http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=418823

now that I think of it that would almost qualify for a FAQ entry by now

clem
LOGAN

Post by LOGAN »

Okay, that's cool

Indeed if the ini was put in the appdir and it's write protected (CD-ROM) will unable you to add / remove / change settings as the ini would be read only.
lord_noodle

Post by lord_noodle »

ahem ahem...

You didn't help me... :roll:

here is the .ini file:

[scummvm]
fullscreen=true
savepath=D:\ohad\quests\scummVM\saves\

What should I change? and to what?
lord_noodle

Post by lord_noodle »

LOGAN wrote:do a search on scummvm.ini, often found in your windows dir. That's where the setings are kept. and check line 1.

On the record: I rather would have an config file reside in the apps folder itself.
What should I check?
lord_noodle

Post by lord_noodle »

I got it!

thanks anyways...