The Legend of Kyrandia: Testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clem

Post by clem »

sev wrote:It seems that some internal mirrors at sf.net are throtling nonplaintext downloads. If you will get proper one, usual download speed is around 40k/sec. So again, just kill the connection and retry, that will work eventually. For me it is usually 2nd or 3rd attempt.
Sev, the daily snapshot is at
http://scummvm.org/downloads/scummvmwin32.exe

I don't think that's an sf.net problem, and it doesn't try to assign some other mirror to you (at least not transparently, like the official downloads)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

clem wrote:Sev, the daily snapshot is at
http://scummvm.org/downloads/scummvmwin32.exe

I don't think that's an sf.net problem, and it doesn't try to assign some other mirror to you (at least not transparently, like the official downloads)
Yes, I'm aware of that, but I'm sure they use some kind of load balancing internally to cope with all requests. And some of their internal web servers throttle binary downloads, though seems that not all.

Eugene
cyberdoc

Post by cyberdoc »

Thanks for the reply about the daily scumvmwin32.exe Have tried multiple times now and still getting same issue. Is there an official mirror somewhere I could snag it from?
Ad_Enuff

Post by Ad_Enuff »

I'm having trouble placing the marble on the silver alter to fix it so as then place the silver rose on top.

Is this abug? Or am I doing something wrong?

It keeps on saying "is it broken?" but when I use the marble on it it still wont allow me to add it!

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Ad_Enuff wrote:I'm having trouble placing the marble on the silver alter to fix it so as then place the silver rose on top.

Is this abug? Or am I doing something wrong?

It keeps on saying "is it broken?" but when I use the marble on it it still wont allow me to add it!

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
One possible explanation is that the cursor drawing in current SVN appears to be a bit off. (In all games, not just Kyrandia.) If you can't move the marble all the way to the bottom of the screen, then you're seeing that problem as well. Mark the distance to the bottom of the screen, and try putting the marble that distance above where you think you should put it.

If you have an older SVN snapshot, without this glitch, I don't know.

Update: That glitch should be fixed now.
Last edited by eriktorbjorn on Fri May 19, 2006 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clem

Post by clem »

you mustn't place the marble on the altar itself but on the place where the marble is missing (don't know if you meant you tried placing it on the main altar part)

sorry if that is redundant,
clem
Ad_Enuff

Post by Ad_Enuff »

It was the cursor problem. If you place the object higher than you should and click it works. Like wise the silver rose also.

Thanks for the update eriktorbjorn.
nyxxx

Kyrandia German

Post by nyxxx »

Hi there i have the Problem that i only have english subtitel in Kyrandia. How can i play it in german ?

nYxxx
clem

Re: Kyrandia German

Post by clem »

nyxxx wrote:Hi there i have the Problem that i only have english subtitel in Kyrandia. How can i play it in german ?
only the German version has German subtitles, so I guess you have the English version of kyra?

on my talkie version, the full game was present in both English and German versions though (in different subdirectories)

clem
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Kyrandia German

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clem wrote:on my talkie version, the full game was present in both English and German versions though (in different subdirectories)
Mine, too: eng for the English version, fre for the French version, and ger for the German version. ScummVM detects them all correctly for me, and I get subtitles in the appropriate language, though the voices are all in English.
armalyte

Post by armalyte »

hi
i got a problem which i think could be related to scummVM. when i get to the point where you have to put gems into the dish in the right order, it just won´t work. the fist gem (sunstone) works, but the next one doesnt.
i just checked a walkthrough and it says the garnet should be the next one. well, it vanishes in flames.
i tried every gem i could find in the whole area without success.

it would be nice if anyone could help.

greets
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

armalyte wrote:hi
i got a problem which i think could be related to scummVM. when i get to the point where you have to put gems into the dish in the right order, it just won´t work. the fist gem (sunstone) works, but the next one doesnt.
i just checked a walkthrough and it says the garnet should be the next one. well, it vanishes in flames.
i tried every gem i could find in the whole area without success.

it would be nice if anyone could help.
I believe that apart from the sunstone, the other three gems are randomly selected for each game. I haven't seen any in-game clues for which they are, so it's hard to say. I saved and restored until I got it right.

Maybe you missed a gem somewhere. When I played through the game, I had collected the following gems by the time I placed the birthstones: amethyst, aquamarine, garnet, onyx, opal, peridot, pearl, ruby, sapphire, sunstone, and topaz. I never understood the logic of items appearing in The Legend of Kyrandia, but Darm says that he "summoned all your stones". Maybe more gems appear at that point, so you may want to go back to the area around Brandon's home and search that again.
armalyte

Post by armalyte »

well, you are right... stupid me, i somehow thought all the gems would appear in the area that comes past the wizard´s house.
thanks a lot and sorry for the disturbance.