The Legend of Kyrandia: Testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clem

Post by clem »

I think he means the outside of the cave, where Malcolm "ices" the dragon
Veda

The Legend of Kyrandia Italian support

Post by Veda »

Hi, I own the Italian version of The Legend of Kyrandia. It is possible to add support for this version in the Kyra.dat file? Thank you
Nemroth

Post by Nemroth »

@LordHoto
Ah, ich sehe grad bei dir "Location: Germany", dass macht die Sache um einiges einfacher, da es bei meinem (zugegebenermassen) mittelprächtigem Englisch ja scheinbar zu Verständnissschwierigkeiten kommt...
LordHoto wrote:See rule 3a), also one simple question do you try to skip the speech? (with a simple mouse click). A savegame would be usefull to try to reproduce it over here.
Zuerst mal: Keine Ahnung was rule 3a ist? Habe den Thread extra nochmal schnell durchgeblättert, aber nichts gefunden... Bin ich blind? :(
Bin mir jetzt auch nicht sicher, ob ein Savegame wegen den Untertiteln oder wegen dem crash gemeint ist? Kann aber gerne eins schicken, nur wohin?
Aber zum Thema: Ich habe auch ab und zu mal die Sprache weggeklickt: ja. Aber die Untertitel wurden manchmal auch nur eine Sekunde angezeigt, obwohl ich nicht geklickt habe.
LordHoto wrote: Do you mean the falling water drop which isn't restored correctly, if it's not a screenshot would be nice to see what you mean.
Nein, ich meine das, was clem schon gesagt hat:
Wenn ich die Drachenhöhle betrete, füllt sich der Eingang wieder mit Eis und Brandon läuft dann durch das Eis in die Höhle rein. Wenn ich dann wieder aus der Höhle rausgehen will (egal ob direkt oder ob ich erst richtig reingehe und die Steine, etc. sammele) stürzt das Spiel komplett ab...

MfG, Nemroth
Last edited by Nemroth on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
clem

Post by clem »

forum rules: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=17 (forum rule 3a!)

Forum rule 12 sagt die offizielle Sprache hier ist Englisch
According to rule 12 the official language here is English

um nen bugreport zu posten (mit savegames oder screenshots) geh auf http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=418820 - meld dich bei sourceforge an, und mach nen bug-report

to post a bug report (including savegames or screenshots) go to http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=418820 - sign up with sourceforge and post a bug report

hope that helps
clem
(whose written English is free of any German accent!)
Nemroth

Post by Nemroth »

ok, maybe i should have read the "READ BEFORE POSTING"-Thread before posting... ;) but i registered myself just for posting this bug, so i haven't read anything else here...

maybe it would have been better to write a pm instead of posting in german... :oops:

but isn't this whole thread about bug-posting?
i think i'm not the first one who posts a bug here, am i?

nemroth
(who is much better in reading english than in writing, so it isn't necessary to write answers in german and english just for me)
clem

Post by clem »

but isn't this whole thread about bug-posting?
I guess you have a point here
i think i'm not the first one who posts a bug here, am i?
true, and we send pretty much all the others to the bug-tracker as well :-)

the tracker is there so the bug can get assigned to a specific developer and it's made sure it won't be forgotten - something that can happen quite easily on a forum I guess

no worries though, forum people here are generally quite nice
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Nemroth wrote:@LordHoto
Bin mir jetzt auch nicht sicher, ob ein Savegame wegen den Untertiteln oder wegen dem crash gemeint ist? Kann aber gerne eins schicken, nur wohin?
Aber zum Thema: Ich habe auch ab und zu mal die Sprache weggeklickt: ja. Aber die Untertitel wurden manchmal auch nur eine Sekunde angezeigt, obwohl ich nicht geklickt habe.
To the bug tracker as clem said, you can add files to your bug report there.
For that case (and also before a scene there the subtitles are displayed too short)
Nemroth wrote: Nein, ich meine das, was clem schon gesagt hat:
Wenn ich die Drachenhöhle betrete, füllt sich der Eingang wieder mit Eis und Brandon läuft dann durch das Eis in die Höhle rein. Wenn ich dann wieder aus der Höhle rausgehen will (egal ob direkt oder ob ich erst richtig reingehe und die Steine, etc. sammele) stürzt das Spiel komplett ab...
MarvinS

Post by MarvinS »

Hi,

I just download the latest CVS version of ScummVM and I can't no longer load my kyrandia savegames.
I used before a CVS version of end February.
When I try to load my savegame, ScummVM say :

Code: Select all

WARNING: No Kyrandia 1 savefile header!
Is there a way to use my savegames without restarting the entire game ?

Thanks.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

MarvinS wrote:Hi,

I just download the latest CVS version of ScummVM and I can't no longer load my kyrandia savegames.
I used before a CVS version of end February.
When I try to load my savegame, ScummVM say :

Code: Select all

WARNING: No Kyrandia 1 savefile header!
Is there a way to use my savegames without restarting the entire game ?

Thanks.
Unfortunately there was a bug in the savefile format which meant, when it got fixed, that old savegames would break.

You can rescue your old games (and resave them so they'll be in the correct format), but it would mean compiling a fresh checkout of ScummVM yourself, after editing engines/kyra/saveload.cpp a bit (there's a comment near the top of the file explaining what, exactly).
MarvinS

Post by MarvinS »

Ok, thank you Vinterstum. I'll try to do it.
Will see if I can reach that :wink:
Shedal

Post by Shedal »

Hi.
When I found out that ScummVM can interprete and run the Kyrandia game, it made me glad.. I had just downloaded floppy version of kyrandia from [censored], and the lastest kyra.dat. But neither my pocketpc nor windows version of scummvm does not see the game though i placed kyra.dat in the game directory.
What should I do?
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Shedal wrote:I had just downloaded floppy version of kyrandia
You've just violated Forum Rule #0, no help for you, I'm afraid...
cyberdoc

Post by cyberdoc »

Hello everyone. I have read the documentation and still seem to be a bit lost. I read the data files post and copied all of the required files:
*.APK
*.CPS
*.PAK
*.VRM
kyra.dat <-- Downloaded from the link given in the documents;

to a directory from my Legend of Kyrandia Book One CD. I am using Scumm 0.8.2 Win32 that I downloaded from the links provided.

Scumm wont detect the program at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: After searching the forums I found that 0.8.2 doesnt officially support the game. Have tried to download the daily win32 version and am not having much success at the moment. 1 1/2+ hour plus to dload? anyone know of another official source i can find this program to test Kyrandia?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

cyberdoc wrote:Have tried to download the daily win32 version and am not having much success at the moment. 1 1/2+ hour plus to dload? anyone know of another official source i can find this program to test Kyrandia?
It is known problem. Suggestion is to kill that particular download and try again. It seems that some internal mirrors at sf.net are throtling nonplaintext downloads. If you will get proper one, usual download speed is around 40k/sec. So again, just kill the connection and retry, that will work eventually. For me it is usually 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Eugene
Shedal

Post by Shedal »

Oops, sorry. I understood my mistake :)

Can anyone tell me, is there development in the direction of running Kyrandia with PocketSCUMM?

&#1057;&#1087;&#1072;&#1089;&#1080;&#1073;&#1086; ;)