Pertaining PowerPoint & SCUMMVM

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

I'm sorry if our reaction seemed trollish, and I don't want to put words in anyone else's mouth, but I don't think that was the intention here. We were having some fun at the expense at the youtube video posted by Graxer, not at you. If you spend more time on the forum here, I think you'll find everyone to be a generally supportive bunch.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

mtonline wrote:wow... I was directed here by a Dreamcast community because they said to check here... didnt think it would be THIS full of trolls...
I'm really sorry if I offended you, that wasn't my intention at all. :oops: I just don't feel that this is well suited to ScummVM. As CaptainJei said, I don't think offending you was the intention of anyone! I have been a member of these forums for several years now, and I would honestly say that the people here are more helpful and pleasant that any other forum I have seen!

Also, I'm sorry if that video wasn't a good representation of what is possible with PowerPoint. I just did a quick YouTube search to find a game which was created in PowerPoint, and that was the first one I found which actually was technically a point and click game.
Seldon

Post by Seldon »

Also, there are far better engines for developing point&click games than Power Point. Sorry for my sarcastic reaction, but I was just surprised, that someone can treat seriously Power Point as a game developing platform. I don't know games you have in mind asking for porting them to ScummVM, but I suppose they must be interesting enough for you to do so. Tell us about them, maybe we'll learn about some new interesting adventures. And maybe in return we'll introduce you to some even better titles ;)