Italian "Talkie" translation

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Daviz

Italian "Talkie" translation

Post by Daviz »

Hi everybody.
I'm trying to translate the talkie version of DOTT, but I've some problems with .so3 or .sou
I've succesfully converted .so3 in mp3, and even made a little translation of the first part of the dialogs. But I can't succesfully reconvert the mp3 or wav file in a .sou or .so3.
Is there a file compiled to do this kind of convertion?
Is there a way to do this?

If you know something, or you wanna help me to start this kind of work, plz answer back or contact me to my ICQ #.

TNX!

Daviz
clem

Post by clem »

no, there's no tool to do this (unless you write one)

clem
Daviz

Post by Daviz »

Well, I don't even know the settings to convert an mp3 in a so3.
Does anyone can give me those settings?
clem

Post by clem »

it's not that easy

an .SO3 is actually a collection of MP3 files in one huge file, together with addresses to tell where on file starts and ends - you need to look at the sourcecode of the compression tools to figure out how it works, then write your own tool from there
Daviz

Post by Daviz »

Well... it doesn't look easy... Do you know anyone who could help me? Even to explain me how can I do that, exactly.
Daviz

Post by Daviz »

Is there anyone who knows how to do that, and as crazy as I am to do the full translation of DOTT's monster.so3?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Daviz wrote:Is there anyone who knows how to do that, and as crazy as I am to do the full translation of DOTT's monster.so3?
You will need to modify our compression tool so it will dump you all files instead of assembling them into .so3 file. AFAIK, Russian translation team (PRCA) already made such modifications successfully. I'll ask them about the source code.

Eugene
Daviz

Post by Daviz »

sev wrote:
Daviz wrote:Is there anyone who knows how to do that, and as crazy as I am to do the full translation of DOTT's monster.so3?
You will need to modify our compression tool so it will dump you all files instead of assembling them into .so3 file. AFAIK, Russian translation team (PRCA) already made such modifications successfully. I'll ask them about the source code.

Eugene
Thank you so much!

Plz, let me know if you have some news!
Daviz

Post by Daviz »

Is there any news? :)
Daviz

Post by Daviz »

I'm sorry to pull this up... I would like to know if there's any news :)
Daviz

Post by Daviz »

SEV, have you had any answer? :)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

The tool just has been emailed.

Eugene