Help disabling sound effects.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Muzza

Help disabling sound effects.

Post by Muzza »

I've been searching for the music played in the Humongous Entertainment games for quite some time and have finally decided to record the music myself using ScummVM. The problem is, I'm having trouble disabling the sound effects and speech. It gets annoying, because when I'm recording the background music, Pajama Sam would scratch his head or say something (or something like that)

Even when I go in the options and put the music bar all the way up and leave the Speech and SFX at zero, there is absolutely no sound - not even background music.

Can anyone tell me how I can enable the background music and disable the SFX and Speech? Thanks in advance.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Just use a recent daily snapshot of ScummVM, as support for separate volume controls in Humongous Entertainment games, was added after ScummVM 0.8.2.
Muzza

Post by Muzza »

Sorry, I'm a bit new to ScummVM - can you tell me what exact "daily snapshot" I need to download and where I download it?
clem

Post by clem »

Muzza wrote:Sorry, I'm a bit new to ScummVM - can you tell me what exact "daily snapshot" I need to download and where I download it?
http://scummvm.org/downloads.php#SVN
I think you will want the "Win32 Daily Snapshot" - I hope the download works for you, it's known to be rather sluggish for sometimes

hope that helps,
clem
Muzza

Post by Muzza »

Thanks for such a fast reply. I downloaded the file you told me to, but now I can't open it - when I try to, an error message comes up saying: "scummvmwin32.exe is not a valid Win32 application" Please note that I am running XP, if that helps.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Check the filesize (the correct size is giving on the downloads page) ... you may need to download it again. As mentioned previously, sometimes the daily snapshot downloads are slow to download or they keep stopping halfway through.
Muzza

Post by Muzza »

Great! I can't hear him talk or scratch his head! xD Thanks everyone.