Himalaya Studios' Mage's Initiation - Kickstarter

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MusicallyInspired

Himalaya Studios' Mage's Initiation - Kickstarter

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Hi, everyone. I wanted to share with you the news that a game I've been composing music for for the past while, Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements by Himalaya Studios (aka AGD Interactive), makers of Al Emmo and the KQ and QFG2 remakes, is now a project up live on Kickstarter! Mage's Initiation is a classic-style RPG/Adventure game with hi-res graphics. There are tons of rewards and stretch goals with loads of content and swag. I was surprised at the amount of physical rewards, actually! Take a gander. There's lots of sample content to gawk at as well as some preview tracks from the game. Please check it out and spread the word if it's up your alley. See more at:

Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements Kickstarter

Game Trailer

CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

I pledged this afternoon. Hopefully others will follow.
CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

Also, were you the composer for King's Quest III Redux? If so, then I must say you did a fantastic job.
MusicallyInspired

Yes I was, and thank you. On both counts!
MusicallyInspired

Hey, guys! Seeing as we've reached our goal (and surpassed it so far by over $8k!) you can now pledge via PayPal! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/211 ... -adventure. Another $1900 or so and we'll reach our first stretch goal, which consists of more enemies and an extra polyresin figure reward at the $100 tier. Still more stretch goals will offer more enemies, more rewards for tiers, a new unique quest for each class in-game, a more expanded world to explore, ports to Linux/Mac/Android/iOS, and the entire game novelized in paperback by its writer/designer Daniel Stacey!
MusicallyInspired

For those who don't know there's a public demo now available for Mage's. Keep in mind it's still alpha and the team is looking for feedback on the combat specifically, but everything else as well. The puzzle portion is light and doesn't reflect the challenge that will be portrayed in the final game so don't worry if it seems a little easy, if you care about that sort of thing.

There are a couple of ways to control in the combat. Firstly you can control via the mouse with all point and click with left click to run and select spells/potions and right click to cast. Or you can use WASD or the arrow keys to move around and left click to cast spells (alterable from the menu), with 1, 2, 3 to select the different spells and 7, 8 to activate potions. There are plans to customize keys as well.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/211 ... ture/posts
MusicallyInspired

Sorry for all the multi-posting, but for those interested, we're hosting a AMA on reddit right now!

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1 ... the_kings/
CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

I've been following this project closely on the Kickstarter page, so please don't take the lack of comments on this thread as a lack of interest.
MusicallyInspired

Not at all! I just like to keep updates going everywhere I've posted this.
MusicallyInspired

The Kickstarter just ended a little while ago. Our goal was $65,000 and we surpassed it to a whopping $127,765 (including PayPal pledges at the time of this writing)!!! A million thanks to anybody here who may have pledged and I hope you'll enjoy the game when it's done! Breaking the $120,000 line allowed us to unlock six of our stretch goals which includes more enemies to fight in the game, more areas to explore, a new unique quest for each of the four player classes, additional 2D animated cutscenes, full-screen closeup artwork in certain scenes (a la KQ5 and KQ6) and a higher level of detail overall, and last but not least, native ports to Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android operating systems with the 16:9 widescreen resolution to go with it!

If you still haven't checked it out, I believe you can still donate money via PayPal. The demo is also still available to try if you haven't seen it yet. Once again, thanks to everybody for your support and for believing in us!

Mage's Initiation Kickstarter Page
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

I pledged some week ago, looking forward to the finished game :)
MusicallyInspired

Re: Himalaya Studios' Mage's Initiation - Kickstarter

Quite a necro, but the game has been in development all this time and is finally coming out on Jan 30th! Here's a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKW-32Qki_k
crazy_achmed

Post by crazy_achmed »

Nice, I am a backer from the beginning and almost forgot the game.
Does it still get a Linux version?

edit: just found out, it seems not and no german version either :(
but i think it will work with SteamPlay/Proton
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

crazy_achmed wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:58 amDoes it still get a Linux version?

edit: just found out, it seems not and no german version either :(
but i think it will work with SteamPlay/Proton
The last backer update contains the following:
Last but not least, we're currently working on native Mac OSX and Linux ports and hope to have them ready for release day (or thereabouts).
crazy_achmed

Post by crazy_achmed »

Thanks i did not noticed that. Very nice.