Buying Hopkins FBI

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Paolo86

Buying Hopkins FBI

Post by Paolo86 »

Since the Hopkins FBI engine has been added in the main code tree and will eventually be supported sooner or later, I was wondering if some sites like Dotemu or GOG would be interested in selling it since it can be found only on ebay, and it's very rare
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

I'm not optimistic for this one. It's gore, and contains some mild nudity scenes... So it's clearly a game for a mature audience. It doesn't seem to interest gog and dotemu... But we'll see, who knows. The right holder is willing to sell it again.

Now concerning how rare it is, it depends what you want to buy. If you're looking for an English Windows version, it's common on ebay, priceminister or other second hand online shops.
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Strangerke wrote:It's gore, and contains some mild nudity scenes... So it's clearly a game for a mature audience. It doesn't seem to interest gog and dotemu... But we'll see, who knows. The right holder is willing to sell it again.
Both The Witcher and The Witcher 2 are available on GOG and have lots of nudity and stuff.
Paolo86

Post by Paolo86 »

I'll try to submit a game request on gog or to look on ebay. I'm looking for the linux version
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

The linux version is rare, good luck.
There's currently one seller selling a pile of exotic versions on ebay. The item description is: "Hopkins FBI (Linux and OS/2 Warp versions) adventure PC game NOT WINDOWS / DOS". This is NOT a linux version. It's a pack with 2 CDs, one for BeOS and the other for OS/2.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

There's a US listing for "Hopkins FBI (Linux and OS/2 Warp versions) adventure PC game NOT WINDOWS / DOS" with multiple items available and going cheap.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Oddly enough, the OS/2 and BeOS versions use a different English translation, with different voices, than the Windows version does.