Roland MT-32 / Sound Canvas Help

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

thefadedone

Roland MT-32 / Sound Canvas Help

Post by thefadedone »

Hi, I have a question about my new MT-32. Does the MT-32 properly play "Sound Canvas" audio? I selected Sound Canvas on DOOM, and the music plays, but am I getting the correct sound? Or do I need a SC-55 to properly play Sound Canvas audio?

Thanks!!
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Roland MT-32 / Sound Canvas Help

Post by LordHoto »

thefadedone wrote:Hi, I have a question about my new MT-32. Does the MT-32 properly play "Sound Canvas" audio? I selected Sound Canvas on DOOM, and the music plays, but am I getting the correct sound? Or do I need a SC-55 to properly play Sound Canvas audio?
The MT-32 is no device from the Sound Canvas series, so it won't play it properly.

Also I am not sure how you found this forum for your problem, we aren't really a forum about old games in general, but only about those working in ScummVM and related games.
Mau1wurf1977

Re: Roland MT-32 / Sound Canvas Help

Post by Mau1wurf1977 »

thefadedone wrote:Hi, I have a question about my new MT-32. Does the MT-32 properly play "Sound Canvas" audio? I selected Sound Canvas on DOOM, and the music plays, but am I getting the correct sound? Or do I need a SC-55 to properly play Sound Canvas audio?

Thanks!!
Check out my 3! hour long tutorial here:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=12132

It covers all your questions :)

Also how to turn the MT-32 into a half-decent General MIDI compatible unit.