Scumm 1.5.0 on iPad 4 iOS 6

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bayern_boy

Sorry to be that guy

Post by Bayern_boy »

but seriously, how is it that you guys are playing Scumm games and I can't even get it installed?

Installed Appsync for iOS 6, loaded the Scumm GIT ipa from the link, and again, it gets to 65% and then gives me a message:

Package: C:\Users\Check\Downloads\ScummVM_1.5.0git (1).ipa
iFunBox App install: Failed (-402653130)
Minimum iOS Version Required: iOS 5.0

Aaargh!! Why Guybrush, why? Any ideas? Please TT_TT
Ravippe

Post by Ravippe »

I noticed your file says 1 next to it which means you downloaded it before then are using the 2nd download, hence it has a 1 next to it. Is it possible the file is corrupted? What browser did you use to download it. Change the browser, give it a try. I know it sounds wacky but try that first.

I used firefox. Downloaded the ipa. Loaded up fun box. Try uninstalling it and re installing the latest version. When i loaded it up i selected applications or user applications and saw the list. Right clicked and install app. Make sure you use install app. Worked fine here.

That is my guess, your file is not downloaded completely. Try another pc. Its the only reason it would stop at 65 percent and all of us had no problems
Bayern_boy

And still

Post by Bayern_boy »

Thanks so much for your post - totally makes sense that the file is corrupt or something. Thing is, did your file come from the metaneutrons page? The forum won't let me post a link, but I got my file from the link that points to the Uploading website.

It seems to download perfectly each time, comes to the file size that the page says, but then gives me the error message =(

Is there an alternate link, or could someone possibly email me the IPA?

Thanks
u235

Post by u235 »

Might I recommend posting md5's of each of your downloads to see if they're, in fact, the same? That will at least provide a known point at which you can troubleshoot further.
Bayern_boy

MD5

Post by Bayern_boy »

Hi,

Just ran MD5 Checker. Downloaded the IPA five times, and same hash for all of them:

89B485532E2A4CCEF6A822A7A72B21F9

Aaargh. Guuuuuyyyyyybruuuuuuusssshhhhhh!

oh as an extra piece of information that may be relevant. I just noticed that I cannot uninstall Scumm from the iPad by holding my finger on the icon and clicking the black x, the way I normally would. Also, in iFunbox, Scumm is not listed as one of my apps. Hmmm, perhaps because it's unsigned... I do have AppSync though, and other IPAs seem to be loading fine. Hmmmmm
Ravippe

Post by Ravippe »

Any new info on a corrected build?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Ravippe wrote:Any new info on a corrected build?
As mentioned, we have our own custom toolchain, so it's harder for us to figure out which part of the build process creates code that doesn't work on these devices. It's a lengthy process, and when we have news on it, you'll know with a relevant post.
bonewire

Post by bonewire »

Dear MD5,
First of all: thanks for all your work that brings so much people back their good old times and so much fun!!! I really appreciate it.
I don't want to seem impatient but can you tell from your experience (I am no programmer at all and have no idea) when you say: "It's hard and takes long" how long we are approx. Talking about? Don't mean an exact date, just a hint if we're talking 3 Weeks or 6 month.

Thank you guys
Your fan
Glenn
Bayern_boy

Also thanks

Post by Bayern_boy »

Yeah, me too - it's easy to complain, but we realise that you guys are doing this in your own time, and giving it to us free =)
Latzen

Post by Latzen »

Any news about iPhone 5 and iPad 4 crashes ????
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

No news means exactly that: no news. Nothing has changed. Please have patience and wait.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

I made some testing build for you guys: http://lordhoto.users.sourceforge.net/S ... app.tar.xz

md5sum: 1a4c5e558eeaa2dfcd6c5b67ac03df77
sha1sum: 636d4293c85acd679ac5170c5833a751f9245bc4

Please note that this is purely for testing whether ScummVM actually runs on your devices now. It does not contain support for any audio compressions like MP3, OGG, FLAC or similar.

If this works please don't expect there to be nightly builds from tomorrow on again. This build was done with an alternative experimental toolchain, which still has some other issues which need to be sorted out first. If this doesn't work, well then it will certainly take even more time to fix this...
Belkar

Post by Belkar »

I had to install the current stable version of ScummVM from cydia and overwrite it with the version you uploaded LordHoto, but once done I tried Day of the Tentacle and it looks to work like a charm.

Thanks a lot!
Ravippe

Post by Ravippe »

well i tried it on the ipad 4, i cant seem to get it to work. I dont know how you got it to work. I uninstalled the old version. the one that we were using that was from that xcode website.

Installed the stable version from cydia. Reboot.

extract the file using 7 zip.

from xz to tar then it made a directory called
ScummVM.app all the files seem to be good in the directory.
no problem there. so it "unzipped" correctly

copied over that directory to my Var/Mobile/Stash/applications/scummVM.app

it overwrote everything.

Tried it. Didnt work. Maybe im stupid i dunno. Anyone else ?

I was playing with it for like 30 minutes before i typed this up. Im still playing with it.

Im using Ipad 4 6.1 ios

And you got it to start, so you got to the add game screen. I cant get that far. It just crashes. Just like the stable build from cydia.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Ravippe wrote:well i tried it on the ipad 4, i cant seem to get it to work. I dont know how you got it to work. I uninstalled the old version. the one that we were using that was from that xcode website.

Installed the stable version from cydia. Reboot.

extract the file using 7 zip.

from xz to tar then it made a directory called
ScummVM.app all the files seem to be good in the directory.
no problem there. so it "unzipped" correctly

copied over that directory to my Var/Mobile/Stash/applications/scummVM.app

it overwrote everything.

Tried it. Didnt work. Maybe im stupid i dunno. Anyone else ?

I was playing with it for like 30 minutes before i typed this up. Im still playing with it.

Im using Ipad 4 6.1 ios

And you got it to start, so you got to the add game screen. I cant get that far. It just crashes. Just like the stable build from cydia.
On my iOS 4.2.1 device I have to copy it to /Applications/ScummVM.app and then make sure the permissions are set correctly. I think it should suffice if ScummVM is set to 0777. Afterwards I used Respring, but restarting your device should work too.