Scumm 1.5.0 on iPad 4 iOS 6

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bayern_boy

Scumm GIT

Post by Bayern_boy »

Not working for me - got the file from the link and tried to upload it vie iFunbox, but the install dies at 65% =(

Anyone else finding this?
Latzen

Post by Latzen »

I instaled scummvm from Link using ifunbox to install and run fine on iPad 4 and ios 6.1

Remember sing the .ipa whith your developer account before install on your device.

I feel good , but no happy , because the error no fixed on cydia app :(
Ravippe

Post by Ravippe »

Well i got it to work, but i dunno i think it the build or something because all the cool sierra sci games dont work. Kings quest 1 vga, kings quest 5 and 6 dont work. Space quest 1 vga doesnt work.

Quest for glory 1 vga loads up but then crashes. Kyrandia 1 2 have a jutter mouse movement, no matter where i select my guy moves 1 centimeter then stops.

Loom vga works, the old sierra games work. Im thinking this recompiled build or whatever wasnt optimized for the newer games. So its still kind stinky.

Keep in mind that i can select these games and play with settings but they dont actually load.

The scumm logo app looks like it has a black border around it also. So i can tell its a different build. Anyone having issues with those sci sierra games?
Davic

Post by Davic »

octopus wrote:Works for me too.
I tried it and it works on my ipad too :D
Ravippe

Post by Ravippe »

Before all the smiles check to see any games actually run, i tried my favorites and they dont work. Someone else test them, this build seems a bit wacky. I switched back to my dosbox for now.
Davic

Post by Davic »

Ravippe wrote:Before all the smiles check to see any games actually run, i tried my favorites and they dont work. Someone else test them, this build seems a bit wacky. I switched back to my dosbox for now.
I tried indi and the last crusade an it seems to work. I will try more games...
Btw... I have a question about the last crusade. When you have to fight is a little hard because the controls, isn't it? Any trick?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Davic wrote:Btw... I have a question about the last crusade. When you have to fight is a little hard because the controls, isn't it? Any trick?
For me, the best trick was to avoid as many fights as I could. (The manual does say that they've "provided opportunities for you to steer Indy around any and all fighting".)
Davic

Post by Davic »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Davic wrote:Btw... I have a question about the last crusade. When you have to fight is a little hard because the controls, isn't it? Any trick?
For me, the best trick was to avoid as many fights as I could. (The manual does say that they've "provided opportunities for you to steer Indy around any and all fighting".)
Good trick! :D haha. But, if you have to fight, how do you do it? The controls are the numbers... It's posible to use a numeric keypad? There are moments when you can't scape!!

Btw i'll try more games and I'll post if they are working or not

Thanks!!!!
Ravippe

Post by Ravippe »

Yeah indy games are always a blast, glad its working for you.
Well for the moment spent a couple hours tweaking dospad to work instead of scumm. I prefer scumm, but having half my collection not working is totally unacceptable. I found found out that dospad mounts your documents folder as the c drive, and in i file i had the permissions set to read only. So i selected the entire documents folder with the little blue arrow on right, and selected user , group and world to read write and exectute, then moved the bar to apply hierarchically so every folder and every file is writable. Now my kings quest 6 works awsome, all my sierra games work great, i have an adjustable transparent keyboard in portrait and landscape, and also mouse buttons if i want and the games save now. I really love the setup. The big downside is i have type
Cd kq6
Kq6 everytime i want to play instead of scumms point and click.

I think i also had problems with my ipad 3 and scumm also. It feels like im repeating history here.

But to all that really want to get those games working try dospad, its an awsome interface, easy to use, and i love controlling the keyboard, so helpful.
Bayern_boy

Still not working

Post by Bayern_boy »

Sigh - do I need to sign the ipa for it to work, even if I transfer it with iFunbox? Tried Dospad, pretty cool, but more for nostalgia - Scumm just works so much better. Any advice would be great, otherwise I guess I'm just waiting for a Scumm developer to find some free time... TT_TT
Ravippe

Post by Ravippe »

No you dont need to sign it. Just select applications on funbox and right click on the file area and select install ipa. Your done then.

I dunno i love scumm, but im not missing it with my dospad setup. No problems. They even have the cool two fingers left click one finger right click option. Great for sierra games.

Come on developers ! We got it working but why doesnt it work on the new build? Maybe they can get the answers by comparing from the website ipa file.

Can anyone confirm if on the ipad 3 or ipad 2 what games actually work on scumm. Specifically the sci games like kq5 kq6 sq1?

I wanted to see if possibly the scumm iphone version doesnt actually support alot of games like the pc version does. I remember having a similar issue with my ipad 3 before and was thinking that perhaps the build for iphone is very limited versus the pc version, meaning most games wont load.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

We think we know what's wrong now, but the trivial fix didn't work, so it'll have to wait for a developer with an iPhone/iPad to find some more time to look at it.

I think most games should work on the iOS build nowadays, with the exception of some the 16-bit SCUMM/HE games which don't work in the 565 colour mode right now.
Davic

Post by Davic »

I try indi and the fate of atlantis, day of the tentacle, monkey island, curse of monkey island and simon the sorcerer. All of them are working.
I don't know if they crash at any point but they start and work.
Ravippe

Post by Ravippe »

Well its good that alot ofthe lucas arts games are working, i even got loom to run,

but what about the sierra games, kings quest 5 and 6. Conquests of the longbow vga. Quest for glory! All classics.I want it! Mine pretends to start then no go.

Check the sierra vga games, message your response if it works or not.

So developers you think you know what the problem might be, but the quick fix dont work. What did you think the problem was?

And more importantly if there is anything we can do to test it, or help you.i would be happy to test a blind version if you wanna throw one at us.
Davic

Post by Davic »

I try king quest V and doesn't work. Scummvm exits to the dashboard when I try to execute the game. It seems that it's a general problem with this scummvm ipa...