Future Wars CD edition don´t play mp3 tracks!

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

_DaNi_

Future Wars CD edition don´t play mp3 tracks!

Post by _DaNi_ »

hi!
i have the future wars cd version, i ripped all audio tracks to mp3 called track1.mp3 track2.mp3 etc but scummvm don´t launch the audio tracks!
i can upload the game but only for testing purposes for resolve this problem! thanks and sorry my english
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Future Wars CD edition don´t play mp3 tracks!

Post by LordHoto »

_DaNi_ wrote:hi!
i have the future wars cd version, i ripped all audio tracks to mp3 called track1.mp3 track2.mp3 etc but scummvm don´t launch the audio tracks!
i can upload the game but only for testing purposes for resolve this problem! thanks and sorry my english
Uploading is no solution, since it is illegal distribution. The two possibilities to get it supported are either working yourself on it or to donate your copy of the game to a developer interested in it (at least I doubt anyone would do it when they just get the game temporarily).
_DaNi_

Post by _DaNi_ »

thanks for the reply, if any will fix this game version on scummvm let me know, the good notice is work perfect under dosbox booted from cd
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

None of the developers have copy of CD version of this game, thus we cannot add support for it. You may help us with obtaining such copy either by donating it or at least pointing to a place where it could be purchased.

Eugene
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

sev wrote:None of the developers have copy of CD version of this game, thus we cannot add support for it. You may help us with obtaining such copy either by donating it or at least pointing to a place where it could be purchased.

Eugene
I only had the Amiga disk version which i donated to LordHoto (I think) who, in return, did a great job in implementing missing features (I think, can't test it anymore) ;-)

speaking of which, how about a new fundraiser?
for exactly that, games that cannot be properly implemented because the devs got no copies.

Loom (FMTowns)
ZakMcKracken (FMTowns)
Indiana Jones 3 (FMTowns)
Monkey Island (FMTowns)
Future Wars (CD)
etc.

:-)
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Raziel wrote:I only had the Amiga disk version which i donated to LordHoto (I think) who, in return, did a great job in implementing missing features (I think, can't test it anymore) ;-)
In fact I am still not done implementing proper transparent menu support, since the code needs some more or less bigger rework for some bits there :-P. At least it works partly now...
Raziel wrote: speaking of which, how about a new fundraiser?
for exactly that, games that cannot be properly implemented because the devs got no copies.

Loom (FMTowns)
ZakMcKracken (FMTowns)
Indiana Jones 3 (FMTowns)
Monkey Island (FMTowns)
Future Wars (CD)
etc.
I think _athrxx owns Indy 3 and Monkey Island FM-Towns and in fact he worked a bit on the FM-Towns graphics code in SCUMM.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

I also own Indy 3 for FM-TOWNS. But I am not aware of any outstanding issues with that game in ScummVM. If there are any, then please file a bug report.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

sev wrote:None of the developers have copy of CD version of this game, thus we cannot add support for it. You may help us with obtaining such copy either by donating it or at least pointing to a place where it could be purchased.
(Sorry to bring this old thread back.)

Couldn't it be done "as if" it was a Music Enhancement project? I mean, ScummVM can use track*.* files with some games that didn't play CD tracks originally. Couldn't the same be done with Future Wars (assuming some developer was interested, of course)?
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Well, the problem will be that the game will have to play track #x instead of a file. This mapping can't be done without an access to the original CD and its executable. Guess work doesn't seem really possible in that case, unless someone has both versions of the game to make some kind of manual mapping. If you find a copy of the game for sale, jump on the IRC channel and give us the link, we'll buy it and work on it!
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

We have the game, that's not the problem. The problem is finding time to RE the method that maps the music file to the audio track.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

Ah, so the situation has changed, now it's only a matter of time/interest :)

Also, that probably means the wiki entry could be changed, as it talks about "unconfirmed information", which should be possible to confirm or dismiss if you have the actual game.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Hum, lucky move: I just found an (expensive) one too... I already own a couple of floppy versions... Maybe I'll be able to help!
scarmona

Post by scarmona »

I came across this thread while trying to get Future Wars CD soundtrack to work with the game. Hopefully this issue has been addressed in the last 6 years :)
Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?
Thanks!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

scarmona wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:42 pm I came across this thread while trying to get Future Wars CD soundtrack to work with the game. Hopefully this issue has been addressed in the last 6 years :)
Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?
Thanks!
The ScummVM README file has some information about ripping audio CD tracks. I believe this one works the same. (Though I thought the tracks had to be numbered starting on 2, not 1. Maybe that changed since the last time I tried it?)
scarmona

Post by scarmona »

eriktorbjorn wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:30 am The ScummVM README file has some information about ripping audio CD tracks. I believe this one works the same. (Though I thought the tracks had to be numbered starting on 2, not 1. Maybe that changed since the last time I tried it?)
That did the trick!! I renumbered the audio tracks starting from 1 and now it works beautifully, thanks!!