Scumm 1.5.0 on iPad 4 iOS 6

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Latzen

Post by Latzen »

I have the exact problem on my iPad 4 whith ios 6.1 , Heeeeeeeeeelllllp !!!! Scummvm crash and back to the springboard.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Saikobooru wrote:Hey, I have the same problem, but I managed to locate the crash info by Xcode. Here's what the plist contains:

pastebin(dot)com(slash)zbvMfd8k

(sorry for the crude link, but the 3 post limit demands it, and posting the raw data marks the message as spam)
What version of ScummVM is that?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Let me get this straight... Everything was working fine with iOS 6.0 and the crashes started with iOS 6.1, right?

If this indeed the case, then the only relevant crash I could find is here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1463 ... on-opening
Ravippe

Post by Ravippe »

I'm not really sure if anyone had tried it on iOS 6 the evasion jb just came out so most of us naturally just updated to 6.1 then tried. I'm kinda wishing i kept it to 6.0 to try it out. Oh my I need my kings quest! Has anyone tried it on iOS 6.0?

Does anyone think that perhaps the new jb perhaps had altered something that may be interfering in Cydia? Causing scum to crash? I don't think so because all the people having the same issues.

I tried also the re install shut down, install shut down and nothing.
Latzen

Post by Latzen »

I install , delete , install , delete scummvm , install and delete cydia souces but always crash in 2 seconds aprox.

Oh! Simón the sorcerer , make a trick to solve the problem!!!

iPad 4 jailbroken and ios 6.1
octopus

Post by octopus »

Works on iPhone 4S 6.1 same JB. Peculiar.

I have another port on my phone (Cave Story). It crashes just like ScummVM on the iPad and works just like it should on the iPhone. This is strange.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

There was a problem with this particular jailbreak and the weather app... there is an update available from Cydia that fixes the problem. Perhaps this is somehow related?
octopus

Post by octopus »

AFAIK no fix was pushed to Cydia yet. There is a set of commands to execute to fix Weather.app. Weather does not work on my 4S but ScummVM does. So, I guess, it is not related.
Latzen

Post by Latzen »

On my iPhone 4s , scummvm 1.5 works fine , on iOS 5.1 jailbroken ,only iPhone 5 an iPad 4 have the problem..... A6 processor??
calium

Post by calium »

as it is not working on iphone 5 and iPad 4, i am sure there is a porlbem with scummvm and A6 Cpus atm.
bonewire

Post by bonewire »

I can confirm, that it doesn´t work on iPhone 5 and iPad 4.
iOS 6.1 on iphone 5 and ios 6.02 on ipad 4. So it has nothing to do with 6.0 or 6.1 but (I guess) with the processor (A6) since that´s the only difference to the other devices.
Saikobooru

Post by Saikobooru »

LordHoto wrote:
Saikobooru wrote:Hey, I have the same problem, but I managed to locate the crash info by Xcode. Here's what the plist contains:

pastebin(dot)com(slash)zbvMfd8k

(sorry for the crude link, but the 3 post limit demands it, and posting the raw data marks the message as spam)
What version of ScummVM is that?
It's version 1.5.0
bonewire

Post by bonewire »

yes: 1.5.0
jack44556677

Illegal instruction: 4

Post by jack44556677 »

I am on an iPad4 iOS 6.0, and I have the same issues. It is some sort of processor instruction/opcode that is not allowed/compatible with the a6x. Likely the software has to be recompiled for the new processor.

Attempting to invoke scummvm from the command line results in "Illegal instruction: 4", as does the invocation of the unecm command line tool.

Methinks someone out there already knows the issue and how to solve it.... I do hope someone will chime in!

Anything I can do to help, please let me know (logs, crash reports, etc)!

*EDIT* - Illegal instruction 4 can be fixed in many (if not all) cases by applying the following sed command to the binary you are getting the error from. I have a working ipad4 ios6.0 unecm binary by applying this to the available one from the repos. Command: " sed -i 's/\x00\x30\x93\xe4/\x00\x30\x93\xe5/g;s/\x00\x30\xd3\xe4/\x00\x30\xd3\xe5/g;' NameOfBinary "
Last edited by jack44556677 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Illegal instruction: 4

Post by LordHoto »

jack44556677 wrote:I am on an iPad4 iOS 6.0, and I have the same issues. It is some sort of processor instruction/opcode that is not allowed/compatible with the a6x. Likely the software has to be recompiled for the new processor.

Attempting to invoke scummvm from the command line results in "Illegal instruction: 4", as does the invocation of the unecm command line tool.

Methinks someone out there already knows the issue and how to solve it.... I do hope someone will chime in!

Anything I can do to help, please let me know (logs, crash reports, etc)!
Saikobooru already provided a crash log for 1.5.0, but if you also got one it wouldn't hurt if you paste it.

EDIT: If you want to give it a try you can also try to copy over a development build then restart your device or Spring and then try to launch that one.
Last edited by LordHoto on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.