Flashback in ScummVM?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Retrogame-Fan

Flashback in ScummVM?

Post by Retrogame-Fan »

How i can play Flashback in Scumm? DOSBox don't like me and Flashback.

Who can german, then please answer in german
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Flashback in ScummVM?

Post by LordHoto »

Retrogame-Fan wrote:How i can play Flashback in Scumm? DOSBox don't like me and Flashback.

Who can german, then please answer in german
You can't play Flasback in ScummVM. It's not a supported game. ScummVM is no emulator, thus it can only run a specific set of games, where the game engine was reimplemented. You can find the games we support over here.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

There is, unrelated to ScummVM, a reimplementation of the Flashback engine, but I don't know if it's feature complete or not.

I didn't know there were problems running Flashback in DOSBox, though. Perhaps the people over at the VOGONS forums can help you with that?
Retrogame-Fan

Post by Retrogame-Fan »

Thanks for the answers. DOSBox will not running Flashback. When I install the game came Installation abgebrochen. 40 Dateien kompiert. Es fehlen Dateien auf den Disketten! EN: (I don't speak good english) Installation stoped! 40 Files are copied. Miss Files on Diskettes! Or so.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Retrogame-Fan wrote:Thanks for the answers. DOSBox will not running Flashback. When I install the game came Installation abgebrochen. 40 Dateien kompiert. Es fehlen Dateien auf den Disketten! EN: (I don't speak good english) Installation stoped! 40 Files are copied. Miss Files on Diskettes! Or so.
Sounds like your floppies are damaged. But if you need help with DOSBox you should ask on VOGONS as eriktorbjorn pointed out.
Retrogame-Fan

Post by Retrogame-Fan »

LordHoto wrote:
Retrogame-Fan wrote:Thanks for the answers. DOSBox will not running Flashback. When I install the game came Installation abgebrochen. 40 Dateien kompiert. Es fehlen Dateien auf den Disketten! EN: (I don't speak good english) Installation stoped! 40 Files are copied. Miss Files on Diskettes! Or so.
Sounds like your floppies are damaged. But if you need help with DOSBox you should ask on VOGONS as eriktorbjorn pointed out.
Can i write German at them?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Retrogame-Fan wrote:
LordHoto wrote:
Can i write German at them?
The forums look pretty much English only to me.
Retrogame-Fan

Post by Retrogame-Fan »

LordHoto wrote:
The forums look pretty much English only to me.
is there a German version?
Bobbin

Post by Bobbin »

I would register on aep-emu.de and place your question there, it's the biggest german emulation community.

However, when it comes to Flashback there is a much easier solution. REminiscence is an engine much similar to ScummVM, running the original game data on modern operating systems:

http://cyxdown.free.fr/reminiscence/

Download this:

http://cyxdown.free.fr/reminiscence/REm ... -win32.zip

Then put all your game files in the same directory you unzipped that file to.