ScummVM save game sync

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

daxdox

ScummVM save game sync

Post by daxdox »

First of all, I am a big fan of ScummVM, and I want to say thank you and that you are doing a great job!

I dont know if this was already discussed, I cant find it on forum.
It would be great if you could implemet in ScummVM a save game sync option, so you could sync your save games between different platforms.

I play games on my Android phone and it would be great if I could sync my save games onto PC to continue playing at home.
So I dont need to copy my files every time.
Bobbin

Post by Bobbin »

I don't know about Android but you could basically do something like that with Dropbox.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

I do that between different Windows system I use. In my case I use Microsoft's Skydrive and I create a symbolic link to Windows' Saved Games folder within it. Seems to work OK - got ScummVM and my current in progress [Under a Killing Moon run under DOSBox] game data in there.
daxdox

Post by daxdox »

I also use Dropbox and FTP manager.

But Im playing Discworld, and I dont know where the savegame files are!

I play it on android phone, and when I copy whole Discworld I dont have savegames in Windows.
Discworld uses its own save game system so it doesnt make a save file in "save games" directory. Like some other games I played.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

daxdox wrote: Discworld uses its own save game system so it doesnt make a save file in "save games" directory. Like some other games I played.
As far as I know (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken), all games, Discworld included, should use the same mechanism (though not necessarily the same dialog) to read and write the savegames, so I don't see why the files should end up in any other directory than usual. Unless you've explicitly told ScummVM to use different directories for different games.