Jouneyman Project Pegasus Prime

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

Okay it works fine now, the "Graviton Cannon" file was missing.

Is there a possibility of adding the ability to save the game at end where it displays your score? Anyway i beat the game in scummVM!

So far only problems that need to be addressed that effect gameplay so far:

-- can't kill robot with pressure, must use arm.
-- video that plays when entering the ship in mars can sometimes hang for a few seconds, (can hear audio) (unable to see the led up top charge up)
-- video that plays before you have the ability to either shoot weapons or shield drain, can sometimes hang for a few seconds as well
-- and video that plays at the end of the game after diffusing the bomb can hang (video stops or unable to see the video that plays, (can still hear audio tho)

BTW I think that puzzle to diffuse the bomb at the end of the game is ridiculous. I don't see how any normal human being can solve the last puzzle, its impossible for me to figure it out. I had to download a video on you-tube of someone completing the puzzle. Perhaps someone can somehow make that puzzle obsolete, maybe clicking anywhere will make each puzzle complete...

Was also wondering could there be a way from the start screen to be able to play the Buried in time video from the end of the game? Maybe make it so you can click on the presto studios logo and that video would play? THat would be a cool thing...

Anyway I've said enough, good job clone2727 and whoever else made it possible to play this awesome almost forgotten game, on almost every platform. Hopefully, the original Journeyman Project Turbo and possibly Buried in Time will be supported in the future........ :)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

monster99f150 wrote:Okay it works fine now, the "Graviton Cannon" file was missing.
The error message you got meant that it had found the file and failed to decode the data in the file, not that it was missing.
monster99f150 wrote:Is there a possibility of adding the ability to save the game at end where it displays your score?
No.
monster99f150 wrote: -- video that plays when entering the ship in mars can sometimes hang for a few seconds, (can hear audio) (unable to see the led up top charge up)
-- video that plays before you have the ability to either shoot weapons or shield drain, can sometimes hang for a few seconds as well
-- and video that plays at the end of the game after diffusing the bomb can hang (video stops or unable to see the video that plays, (can still hear audio tho)
I'm not able to reproduce those here.
monster99f150 wrote:BTW I think that puzzle to diffuse the bomb at the end of the game is ridiculous. I don't see how any normal human being can solve the last puzzle, its impossible for me to figure it out. I had to download a video on you-tube of someone completing the puzzle. Perhaps someone can somehow make that puzzle obsolete, maybe clicking anywhere will make each puzzle complete...
If I was able to complete the puzzle when I was 10-years-old, I hope you can too :)

And, no, I won't add any cheats.
monster99f150 wrote:Was also wondering could there be a way from the start screen to be able to play the Buried in time video from the end of the game? Maybe make it so you can click on the presto studios logo and that video would play? THat would be a cool thing...
No.
F8Sean

Post by F8Sean »

In Norad, at the first pressure door, try moving forward. It plays the wrong sound effect. Instead of "Ugh!" I hear "Agent 5 Protocol 37 initiated ti-" and then it cuts off. Not game breaking, but odd.

When I actually use the pressure door, it plays the rest of that file. "Agent 5 Protocol 37 initiated time travel disabled. Return unauthorized item to original location." Then it plays "Unequal pressure."

Also noticed an error in the console opening the audio file "Norad Delta Spots."

Got a crash when Mercury starts morphing on the catwalk:

File: ../../src-master/src/common/stream.cpp
Line: 77

Expression: _pos <= _size

Re-ripped disc 4 from the original CD and it seems to be fixed. Guess I just made a bad ISO originally.
Tessius

Post by Tessius »

I would mention that before ScummVM started doing this the only way to play the game would be to use an Intel Machine running Win XP or 7 32-bit with SheepShaver, though I've got an AMD machine but i was able to get it working with SheepShaver even in a VirtualBox instance. Going to see how well it works with ScummVM. :D
Avatrunei

Post by Avatrunei »

Hi guys. I just registered to this forum because of these news. Yes I am yet another one who longed for this game and couldn't play it.

I extracted the cds according to the instructions. Only "problem" that I saw nothing about the AppleDouble and MacBinary stuff. Also, no __MACOSX folder was extracted in the file tree.

Well I downloaded a yesterday's and today's nightly build of scummvm and then directed the browsed to the data folder. According to the instructions in a previous post, I felt I had to rename the folder as "pegasus"

Anyway, no matter what combinations I tried, the program always tells me that it found no game in that location. I can't think of a reason. Or to be accurate I can think of several. The files weren't extracted well, or some folders need to be renamed into something else, or the build I downloaded does not include the pegasus support. In short I stil have no clue what mechanism ScVM uses to detect or recognise a game. Does it expect a specific foldername, or checks the directory structure? Or did I just download a wrong version? (says 19 Dec) Someone said that "pegasus" is mentioned in the bottom of the download page but I saw no such thing.

I hope I don't have to download Clone's git source code and compile it :(

What am I missing? Help guys, can't wait to put my hands on that game!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Avatrunei wrote:In short I stil have no clue what mechanism ScVM uses to detect or recognise a game. Does it expect a specific foldername, or checks the directory structure? Or did I just download a wrong version? (says 19 Dec) Someone said that "pegasus" is mentioned in the bottom of the download page but I saw no such thing.
I think the only thing it looks for in order to detect the game is a Macintosh resource file named "JMP PP Resources". There are a couple of different forms that can take, but in my case the file is named "JMP PP Resources.bin". (In addition, I have "Images" and "Sounds" directories, with a lot of sub-directories containing literally hundreds of files. It seems to work, but I've only played it for a little bit.)

You should be able to tell if the Pegasus engine is enabled in ScummVM by looking at the "About..." text. It has a section with available engines (you can press Shift to make it scroll faster, or Alt to make it scroll backwards). If it is, you should should see an entry for "The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime" in there.
Avatrunei

Post by Avatrunei »

First of all, thanks for the reply.

Pegasus support: check
JMP PP Resources: check
Images and Sounds folders: check

Still doesn't work :(

BTW, JMP PP Resources is an empty (0kb) file. Is this ok?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Avatrunei wrote: BTW, JMP PP Resources is an empty (0kb) file. Is this ok?
That sounds like what would happen if you only copied the (empty, as far as I can tell) data fork of that file, not the ~2 MB resource fork. Macintosh files are awkward...
Avatrunei

Post by Avatrunei »

Ok although I have no idea about Mac filesystems, your remark made me realize I didn't extract the files well. Just did and the game works, yay!!

Thousands of gamers should revere and adore the Clone guy! He has my thanks and appreciation!
Avatrunei

Post by Avatrunei »

Please allow me an off-topic question. I have read that you are supposed to watch some news with that Megan Love gal in the Environ System. I searched all my apartment and the only thing that I can do is select some background and music. Where and how do I watch the news? :?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Avatrunei wrote:I searched all my apartment and the only thing that I can do is select some background and music. Where and how do I watch the news? :?
I don't know what triggers it, but after I walked around the apartment for a bit, a red light started blinking on that console and I could watch a news bulletin on it.
Avatrunei

Post by Avatrunei »

Here is the first problem, but I dunno if it's the game or ScummVM.

Right when you travel to Norad and the robot leaves, you can turn to the left or right and see a monitor. I can access the monitor on the right, but when I try to access the monitor on the left I get

Could not load video 'Images/Norad Alpha/ECR Monitor Movie'

Indeed in that folder, and any folder, there is no file beginning with ECR. I checked and browsed in the game cds and still, I can't find any such file in that directory.

Can someone please check their files and tell me if they have it somewhere?

I thought that the filename has been renamed in some next version, and that ScummVM looks for this file, specific to a certain version, while I have a different version. Does it make sense?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Avatrunei wrote:Here is the first problem, but I dunno if it's the game or ScummVM.

Right when you travel to Norad and the robot leaves, you can turn to the left or right and see a monitor. I can access the monitor on the right, but when I try to access the monitor on the left I get

Could not load video 'Images/Norad Alpha/ECR Monitor Movie'

Indeed in that folder, and any folder, there is no file beginning with ECR. I checked and browsed in the game cds and still, I can't find any such file in that directory.

Can someone please check their files and tell me if they have it somewhere?

I thought that the filename has been renamed in some next version, and that ScummVM looks for this file, specific to a certain version, while I have a different version. Does it make sense?
The "Norad Alpha" folder is on two discs (1 and 4, I believe). Did you check both?
Avatrunei

Post by Avatrunei »

I've checked both, actually all four.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Avatrunei wrote:I've checked both, actually all four.
Well, it's on my disc 1. I don't know what else to say.