Broken Sword

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

minime

Broken Sword

Post by minime »

Okay, so I am TRYING to install Broken Sword using SCUMMVM but it turns out that I need the original disks to be able to do this successfully to run an original DOS game on Windows 7. I think that using the disk is only a one off. My question is, the game itself is 2 disks but my first disk has gone missing and I have NO idea what has happened to it. Can I successfully acheive the expected by using the second disk instead? Any help you can give me will be great!! :)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken Sword

Post by eriktorbjorn »

minime wrote:My question is, the game itself is 2 disks but my first disk has gone missing and I have NO idea what has happened to it. Can I successfully acheive the expected by using the second disk instead?
If it's like the one I have (and I have no reason to believe it's not), the first CD contains the first half of the game, and a couple of files which are used throughout the entire game, while the second CD contains the second half of the game. (There should be files with names like ireland.clu, spain.clu, etc. which each correspond to a specific area of the game.)

So no, if you have a version that was released on two CDs I wouldn't expect to be able to do anything at all with only the second CD.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

GOG has it cheap. It has the soundtrack too and a comic book and a bunch of other stuff.
I am not sure but I believe the "original Broken Sword game" part of the download will work in ScummVM.
samlii

Post by samlii »

GOG has it cheap
And now its on sale :) And yes the Original game works fine in ScummVM. Is it wrong that I bought it simply for the "bonus" of getting the original :)
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

IMHO physical is better than digital. So no. I would have done the same.
In fact I buy multiple copies of the same game because of different releases.