Myst (Mac)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

einstein95

Myst (Mac)

Post by einstein95 »

OK, like my previous post (Myst Masterpiece Edition (Mac)), I recently bought Myst for Macintosh. I have copied the files to my hard drive, and it is not found by ScummVM. It does not contain any .dat files, and appears to be Hypercard stacks after viewing them with notepad. Is there anything I can do?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Myst (Mac)

Post by eriktorbjorn »

einstein95 wrote:OK, like my previous post (Myst Masterpiece Edition (Mac)), I recently bought Myst for Macintosh. I have copied the files to my hard drive, and it is not found by ScummVM. It does not contain any .dat files, and appears to be Hypercard stacks after viewing them with notepad. Is there anything I can do?
I have no personal knowledge of it, but according to the ScummVM wiki page for Myst, the work-in-progress game engine only supports the Windows versions of the game.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Re: Myst (Mac)

Post by fuzzie »

einstein95 wrote:OK, like my previous post (Myst Masterpiece Edition (Mac)), I recently bought Myst for Macintosh. I have copied the files to my hard drive, and it is not found by ScummVM. It does not contain any .dat files, and appears to be Hypercard stacks after viewing them with notepad. Is there anything I can do?
We only support the Mohawk versions of original Myst; as http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Myst notes, that means only the Windows version.

It would be cool to be able to run the original Hypercard version someday, but I think it is considerably less likely to happen than, say, Myst ME Mac support, so I wouldn't have too much hope.
einstein95

Post by einstein95 »

Someone needs to update the Datafiles page, because it says under Myst, that the Mac ME Edition is supported, but the original Mac ME Edition is not.
Fabius

Post by Fabius »

I have a Mac and Myst for Amiga... something tells me that there's no hope. :roll:
:lol:
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Fabius wrote:I have a Mac and Myst for Amiga... something tells me that there's no hope. :roll:
:lol:
Since each of them are completely different engines, unless you're working on an engine for them, you'd be correct :)
Fabius

Post by Fabius »

Me and programming are distant and different worlds. :lol: