Jouneyman Project Pegasus Prime

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

clone2727 wrote:
monster99f150 wrote:I get this error message when trying to enter shuttle 3 on mars, I cannot progress beyond this point in the game:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'what(): std::bad_alloc

This appllication has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Try again with the next build.
I just downloaded the recent daily build right now and still comes up with this error when entering the shuttle and the screen goes fullscreen. I'm guessing this is where the monitor screen would start playing a video or something or something would play outside the ships glass.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

monster99f150 wrote:I just downloaded the recent daily build right now and still comes up with this error when entering the shuttle and the screen goes fullscreen. I'm guessing this is where the monitor screen would start playing a video or something or something would play outside the ships glass.
I said the next build.
BenMcLean

Post by BenMcLean »

Asked for a hint in Austrailia. Got message "Can't set video framerate." Game froze, but music kept playing
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

BenMcLean wrote:Asked for a hint in Austrailia. Got message "Can't set video framerate." Game froze, but music kept playing
That error doesn't exist. "Cannot set movie rate" is probably what you got. Of course, that doesn't make any sense either since Movie::setRate is not called from anywhere in the World Science Center code or the AI code.

Furthermore, just saying that you asked for a hint in Australia doesn't help at all. Where did you ask for a hint? Which hint number did you choose? (etc, etc)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

monster99f150 wrote:I get this error message when trying to enter shuttle 3 on mars, I cannot progress beyond this point in the game:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'what(): std::bad_alloc

This appllication has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Took a while to reproduce, but I was able to on a Linux machine. The next daily build will have the fix.
goatman82197

Post by goatman82197 »

monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

clone2727 wrote:

Took a while to reproduce, but I was able to on a Linux machine. The next daily build will have the fix.
Ook it doesn;t crash with that error anymore, but at the end when the ship enters the tube (video) it crashes again with this error: Cannot find PICT version opcode!
Jorpho

Post by Jorpho »

I just found out about this. Cool beans!

Behold, two minutes to getting the demo running under Windows:

Get unar1.3_win.zip from http://code.google.com/p/theunarchiver/ and extract it to a convenient directory.
Get the Demo for PPC Macintosh from http://thejourneymanproject.com/presto/ ... demos.html and put it in the same directory.
Open a command prompt window, change to the directory where you downloaded pegprime_demo.sit, and type "unar -k hfv pegprime_demo.sit" .

This extracts all the data in AppleDouble format, but we're not done yet, since some of them need to be raw resource forks and some of them need to be MacBinary. Fortunately, HFV Explorer can solve that problem.

Start up HFV Explorer. Go to File -> Format New Volume and create a new volume of 100 MB (or less, if you're pressed for space).
Using HFV Explorer, copy the PP Data folder from the extracted data and paste it into your newly-created HFV volume. When prompted, select "Automatic, let the program decide" and then click "OK to All".
Then, copy the PP Data folder out of the HFV volume and into a new folder elsewhere on your hard drive. When prompted, select "Automatic, let the program decide" and then click "OK to All".

If you're copying files from a Macintosh by zipping them up and unzipping them in Windows, you can get HFV Explorer to recognize the AppleDouble data by copying all the files from the __MACOSX subfolder back into their original folders and renaming them so that they start with "%" instead of "._".
monster99f150 wrote:Only hfsexplorer can extract files both data and resource at the same time so you don't have to guess which files need to be which. Hfvexplorer doesn't do this.
It doesn't?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

monster99f150 wrote:Ook it doesn;t crash with that error anymore, but at the end when the ship enters the tube (video) it crashes again with this error: Cannot find PICT version opcode!
Sounds like a corrupt file to me.
Jorpho wrote:Behold, two minutes to getting the demo running under Windows:
Or, five seconds.
F8Sean

Post by F8Sean »

I'm running on Windows 7 with an AMD FX8150 and I get a stutter a quarter second into videos. It's especially visible walking forward from a stop, but it's not an issue when you continue moving forward multiple nodes at a time. The Gage Blackwood Facebook account sent me a message saying it works better on Intel CPUs.

It's great so far, but I haven't even played to Prehistoric yet. Are there any game-breaking bugs later in the game? Do the mini-games work?
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

clone2727 wrote:
monster99f150 wrote:Ook it doesn;t crash with that error anymore, but at the end when the ship enters the tube (video) it crashes again with this error: Cannot find PICT version opcode!
Sounds like a corrupt file to me.

is there anyway of knowing which file scummvm is trying to use when this happens after the ship enters the tube?
F8Sean

Post by F8Sean »

Error: Could not load video 'Images/Norad Alpha/ECR Monitor Movie'!

I'm not seeing this one on my discs...
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

F8Sean wrote:Error: Could not load video 'Images/Norad Alpha/ECR Monitor Movie'!

For me, that's on the first disc. But I haven't played the game that far, so I don't know whether or not it works.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

monster99f150 wrote:is there anyway of knowing which file scummvm is trying to use when this happens after the ship enters the tube?
I just updated the error messages to say the file name when failing to decode the file. Try with tomorrow's daily build. I didn't get the changes in for today's daily build
F8Sean wrote:I'm running on Windows 7 with an AMD FX8150 and I get a stutter a quarter second into videos. It's especially visible walking forward from a stop, but it's not an issue when you continue moving forward multiple nodes at a time. The Gage Blackwood Facebook account sent me a message saying it works better on Intel CPUs.
Well, I don't know who is running that account (it might be Tommy, I dunno). There's no reason it shouldn't work on an AMD processor as it works on both PPC, Intel, and ARM for me. It also worked on Windows 8 RC for me when I tried it out (I don't have access to a Win7 machine or an AMD machine to try out, however). Any more details here would be helpful.
F8Sean wrote:It's great so far, but I haven't even played to Prehistoric yet. Are there any game-breaking bugs later in the game? Do the mini-games work?
Everything works except using the door to crush Poseidon. You have to use the more peaceful solution for now.
F8Sean wrote:Error: Could not load video 'Images/Norad Alpha/ECR Monitor Movie'!

As eriktorbjorn said, it's on disc 1.
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

The reason your getting this error is because whatever program you used did not copy the file. I had this problem where for some reason or other this file did not want to copy, so i tried various programs to copy it until it worked.