Image launcher

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

chaiavi

Image launcher

Post by chaiavi »

Is there a way to have an Image launcher instead of launching a game using it's name?

My children don't know to read English - so it will be much better for them if they could just click on an image 9screenshot?) or icon in order to launch a game.

Is there a way of doing that?
Collector

Post by Collector »

You can setup some shortcuts or just edit the game list in the GUI.
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

Not only for children but it also would look much nicer to have game covers in the list, instead just the game title. Is there anything planned regarding this?
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

There's been numerous similar discussions about a revised game launcher with box art instead of just text. I think the issue that was brought up was the legality of distributing the game cover art.
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

MusicallyInspired wrote:There's been numerous similar discussions about a revised game launcher with box art instead of just text. I think the issue that was brought up was the legality of distributing the game cover art.
You don't have to actually distribute the cover art with ScummVM. It just needs the feature that makes it possible to add (big) icons for each game in the game list. For games with no icon set, it would just show a white square with "NO ICON" at the left of the list. I see no problem with that. I'm sure everyone can find the cover art for themselves. :roll:
Collector

Post by Collector »

Or it could do what the Windows Game Explorer does of grabbing box art from allgames.com. No art would be stored on scummvm.org.