Thanks for the wonderful additions

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Paolo86

Thanks for the wonderful additions

Post by Paolo86 »

Just noticed that Pegasus Prime, Tony Tough and Wintermute have been added to the main code tree. Great work everybody, I am in awe. Hope pegasus will be available on gog when it's officially supported! :D
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

No, pegasus is not in the main code tree. I don't know where you get your information.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Thanks for your support, it's appreciated!
Paolo86

Post by Paolo86 »

Clone2727: when I read the developer digest mailing I thought it was added except it wasn't. A "little mistake" on my part :oops:
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

Tony and WME were merged, pegasus is still in Limbo.

To explain the mail-bit, the engine-inclusion-guidelines say:
There is a delay of at least one week between your initial pull request and -devel mail and the merge. In that time we will give all ScummVM members the chance to check your engine and its state
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/HOWTO ... _Inclusion

Which might make the context of those mails on the list a bit clearer.

Anyhow, as Strangerke already said, much appreciated.
Paolo86

Post by Paolo86 »

Thanks for the clarification. By the way, Somaen, nobody can expect you to work full time both on residual and scummvm, even if that'd be awesome, you've got a real life too, so are you going to delay your work on residual for the time being, now that you are part of the scummvm team?
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

Whoah, whoah, whoah, nobody said anything about "full time", GSoC is over, so I can't commit a full weeks work into either project anymore anyhow.

As for ResidualVM, I haven't been putting in much effort there in the past few months, but things are getting interesting over there again now (Botje has code that makes the EFMI-demo completable, although still far from perfect.), so, I can't promise not to chip in there (there's still this 0.1.0 thing to get out the door there too).

As for Wintermute, which is my main focus at the moment, my immediate plans are to clean up the remaining games in the games I've been working with this summer, so they can be upgraded to "supported" at some point in the future.

The games I'm looking at, are:
Chivalry is NOT Dead
Dirty Split
J.U.L.I.A. (demo) (the full game needs sprite rotation)
Rosemary
The Box

From there, well that's up to how much spare time and interest in the remaining games I have. But I guess fixing up Five Magical Amulets and Five Lethal Demons should be doable. (Although personally I'd much prefer fixing up J.U.L.I.A. at that point, but that's more work).

Oh, and then there's this entire localization-support thing that needs sorting out, well I'll have my hands full for a while for sure.

Still, while I wasn't the most productive ResidualVM-dev before the summer, the WME-engine might lead me back there when the 2D-games all work fine.

No promises though, and thanks. I don't know if that answered your question in any way at all, I confused myself as to what I meant halfway through.
Paolo86

Post by Paolo86 »

No worries, you did :lol:
BenMcLean

Post by BenMcLean »

How does one find out what's the status on Pegasus?
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

Some progress on "Prince and Coward" would be nice. :)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

BenMcLean wrote:How does one find out what's the status on Pegasus?
It was merged into the development version of ScummVM two days ago. As for the status, someone else will have to answer that. I was under the impression that it's in pretty good shape, but it's not yet enabled by default.