Pendulo Studios new game, Day One, fundraising campaign!!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dag

Pendulo Studios new game, Day One, fundraising campaign!!

Post by dag »

Pendulo Studios is working on a new very promising title "Day One". A Dark Comedy Adventure which, according to publishers, is gonna "scare the kids" and therefore, no publisher wants to fund the game! And so they've decided to give public funding, through gamesplanet, a go. Because no publisher wants to help realize this project, if the fundraising campaign fails, it is very unlikely that the game will ever see the light of day. It's time for you and me to once again prove publishers wrong, and help Pendulo to make this game become a reality!

Check out their fundraising-page here:

http://www.lab.gamesplanet.com/dayone/

I only wonder why they didn't go with kickstarter instead, since bunches of adventure gamers are allready familiar with it. Ah well, fingers crossed that they'll have a successful campaign. It's up to us to help them out!
KuroShiro

Re: Pendulo Studios new game, Day One, fundraising campaign!

Post by KuroShiro »

dag wrote: I only wonder why they didn't go with kickstarter instead, since bunches of adventure gamers are allready familiar with it. Ah well, fingers crossed that they'll have a successful campaign. It's up to us to help them out!
Because Kickstarter is only available to US citizens, and Pendulo is a Spanish company. I guess they don't have anyone they can have create the project for them.
dag

Post by dag »

Ic, makes sense. Anyways, is my recruiting here working? Anyone here planning on helping with the funding?:)

Maybe I should add, in case some people don't know: It's a third person, inventory-based, point and click adventure game with some of the best cartoon graphics you'll ever see. In my opinion, Pendulo Studios has been responsible for some of the best titles in adventuregaming in recent years.

Unfortunately, the campaign is going very slowly, and we need to spread the word. Their their goal is set quite high (considering that Jane Jensen, Scott&Mark and even Al Lowe barely made their goals, and Pendulo doesn't have any names of that caliber to boast with) at 300.000 euros (about 367.000 dollars) but theres still 55 days to go!

Please help spreading the word, and feel free to make a comment here if you have pledged:)
marticus

Post by marticus »

Pendulo Studios have made some pretty good adventures already, notably the Runaway series.
dag

Post by dag »

Yeap, I got the whole trilogy. Just completed Hollywood monsters, now I'm gonna play Hollywood monsters 2 (The Next Big Thing).
zorbid

Post by zorbid »

At the current pace, they will never get it funded, and that sucks pregnant bulls.
dag

Post by dag »

Yeap, I kinda anticipated it, but still had my hopes.. It's really tragic, it would have been a great game, I'm sure.
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

I don't get why this isn't successful. Where are all the Doublefine backers?? Pendulo really doesn't deserve to fail. :(
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

fischkopf wrote:I don't get why this isn't successful. Where are all the Doublefine backers??
The game sounds interesting, but it's not being released for my operating system. I completely understand why, and it does not make Pendulo bad people in any way, shape or form, but it does unfortunately mean that there's very little in it for me.

So that accounts for one of the missing Doublefine backers. I don't know about the others.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

What does this have to do with Double Fine?
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

I guess people don't feel motivated enough to register on another website besides Kickstarter.com.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm out of money. Also, Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert aren't involved in this.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

I just don't like Pendulo's games that much. Certainly not enough to pay them years in advance for a game that may never be made.
fischkopf

Post by fischkopf »

MusicallyInspired wrote:What does this have to do with Double Fine?
Nothing, i'm talking about the people who backed Double Fine. I think the Double Fine backers are not only Tim Schafer-fans, but mainly adventure game fans in general. But it seems that the Pendulo games are not popular in the US, for whatever reason.
KuroShiro wrote:I just don't like Pendulo's games that much. Certainly not enough to pay them years in advance for a game that may never be made.
What a shame. In Germany the Pendulo games are pretty big, bigger than in the US at least, but that applies to adventure games in general.
MusicallyInspired wrote:I don't know about anybody else, but I'm out of money. Also, Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert aren't involved in this.
Too bad. You don't seem to have played any games from Pendulo. I enjoyed the Runaway games a lot. You don't necessarily need Tim Schafer and/or Ron Gilbert to have a great game. :)
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

fischkopf wrote: What a shame. In Germany the Pendulo games are pretty big, bigger than in the US at least, but that applies to adventure games in general.
It doesn't really have anything to do with how 'big' they are in relativity. It has to do with how good the games are.