New release testing period: ScummVM 1.5.0

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

New release testing period: ScummVM 1.5.0

Post by Strangerke »

Once again, it's time to start a new testing season to prepare the release of ScummVM v1.5.0. As usual, we have announced several new supported games:

- Backyard Baseball 2003
- Blue Force
- Darby the Dragon
- Dreamweb
- Geisha
- Gregory and the Hot Air Balloon
- Magic Tales: Liam Finds a Story
- Once Upon A Time: Little Red Riding Hood
- Sleeping Cub's Test of Courage
- Soltys
- The Princess and the Crab

So, go grab your favorite games, and play through them using a daily build. Soltys is also available as a freeware on our download page. If you find any bugs, report them on the bug tracker. Once you've completed a game, please report it on this thread so it can be added to the release testing wiki page. When reporting, make sure you provide the version, language, and platform of the game you're testing. Any other questions? Go see the Release Testing guidelines.

When reporting whether a game is completable or not, please use this format to make it easier for us to add it to the wiki page.

Game: Game name, as reported by ScummVM
Game Version: Game version, as reported by ScummVM; EGA or VGA if applicable
ScummVM Version: ScummVM version, as reported by ScummVM (ie. "1.5.0git3266-g20b6770"); *****MUST INCLUDE THE FULL REVISION*****
Operating System: Operating system (version and 32-bit vs. 64-bit if applicable)
Problems:
List any problems you have found here (or "None" if everything works perfectly).
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Awesome. :D

Both Blue Force and Dreamweb are a couple of my favorites. I will try to find some time to play through them.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

bugs submitted regarding imo & little samurai crashes on launch.
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

I am not quite sure if the debug build in msvc10 is a supported build. If not, ignore this message:) But when compiling I get lots of

error C2051: case expression not constant

in the tinsel engine and the build fails. The release build compiles fine though.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

icanntspell wrote:I am not quite sure if the debug build in msvc10 is a supported build. If not, ignore this message:) But when compiling I get lots of

error C2051: case expression not constant

in the tinsel engine and the build fails. The release build compiles fine though.
If you get that it, it means you're using an outdated version of create_project.exe. Try recompiling it and replacing it in the dists\msvc10 folder.
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

dreammaster wrote:If you get that it, it means you're using an outdated version of create_project.exe. Try recompiling it and replacing it in the dists\msvc10 folder.
Even with a freshly build create_project.exe (and I ran the create_msvc10.bat file too) I still get these messages.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

That's because of cached files, try rebuilding ScummVM
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

md5 wrote:That's because of cached files, try rebuilding ScummVM
So here's what I did:
- I opened create_project project, chose Release build and selected rebuild; All went well (including the install)
- opened to the dists/msvc10 directory
- Ran the create_msvc10.bat; No errors
- deleted the Debug32 directory just to be sure
- opened the scummvm project, selected the Debug build and chose rebuild. The output up to the first errors :

Code: Select all

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: tucker, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: tsage, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3>------ Rebuild All started: Project: touche, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>Build started 1-7-2012 13:27:50.
2>InitializeBuildStatus:
2>  Creating "Debug32/tsage\tsage.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
1>Build started 1-7-2012 13:27:51.
2>ClCompile:
2>  user_interface.cpp
3>Build started 1-7-2012 13:27:51.
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1>  Creating "Debug32/tucker\tucker.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
3>InitializeBuildStatus:
3>  Creating "Debug32/touche\touche.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
1>ClCompile:
1>  tucker.cpp
3>ClCompile:
3>  touche.cpp
1>  staticres.cpp
3>  staticres.cpp
1>  sequences.cpp
3>  saveload.cpp
2>  tsage.cpp
3>  resource.cpp
1>  saveload.cpp
3>  opcodes.cpp
2>  staticres.cpp
1>  resource.cpp
2>  sound.cpp
3>  midi.cpp
1>  locations.cpp
3>  menu.cpp
1>  graphics.cpp
2>  scenes.cpp
1>  detection.cpp
3>  graphics.cpp
3>  detection.cpp
1>  console.cpp
3>  console.cpp
2>  saveload.cpp
1>  Generating Code...
3>  Generating Code...
2>  resources.cpp
2>  graphics.cpp
1>Lib:
1>  tucker.vcxproj -> Y:\scummvm-src\dists\msvc10\Debug32\tucker.lib
1>FinalizeBuildStatus:
1>  Deleting file "Debug32/tucker\tucker.unsuccessfulbuild".
1>  Touching "Debug32/tucker\tucker.lastbuildstate".
1>
1>Build succeeded.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:23.33
3>Lib:
3>  touche.vcxproj -> Y:\scummvm-src\dists\msvc10\Debug32\touche.lib
3>FinalizeBuildStatus:
3>  Deleting file "Debug32/touche\touche.unsuccessfulbuild".
3>  Touching "Debug32/touche\touche.lastbuildstate".
3>
3>Build succeeded.
3>
3>Time Elapsed 00:00:23.17
4>------ Rebuild All started: Project: toon, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>Build started 1-7-2012 13:28:14.
5>------ Rebuild All started: Project: tinsel, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
5>Build started 1-7-2012 13:28:14.
4>InitializeBuildStatus:
4>  Creating "Debug32/toon\toon.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
5>InitializeBuildStatus:
5>  Creating "Debug32/tinsel\tinsel.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
4>ClCompile:
4>  toon.cpp
5>ClCompile:
5>  token.cpp
2>  globals.cpp
5>  tinsel.cpp
4>  tools.cpp
4>  text.cpp
2>  events.cpp
5>y:\scummvm-src\engines\tinsel\tinsel.cpp(131): error C2051: case expression not constant
5>y:\scummvm-src\engines\tinsel\tinsel.cpp(273): error C2051: case expression not constant
5>y:\scummvm-src\engines\tinsel\tinsel.cpp(307): error C2051: case expression not constant
5>y:\scummvm-src\engines\tinsel\tinsel.cpp(452): error C2051: case expression not constant
5>y:\scummvm-src\engines\tinsel\tinsel.cpp(609): error C2051: case expression not constant
5>  tinlib.cpp
31>Build FAILED.
31>
31>Time Elapsed 00:04:35.39
========== Rebuild All: 29 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 skipped ==========
other warnings I get besides the one in tinsel are:

Code: Select all

11>y:\scummvm-src\engines\sci\console.cpp(2653): warning C4065: switch statement contains 'default' but no 'case' labels
31>y:\scummvm-src\common\coroutines.cpp(391): error C2051: case expression not constant
31>y:\scummvm-src\common\coroutines.cpp(458): error C2051: case expression not constant
31>y:\scummvm-src\common\coroutines.cpp(484): error C2051: case expression not constant
31>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft sdks\windows\v7.0a\include\winnt.h(1140): warning C4005: 'ARRAYSIZE' : macro redefinition
31>          y:\scummvm-src\common\util.h(58) : see previous definition of 'ARRAYSIZE'
31>y:\scummvm-src\audio\softsynth\mt32\partial.cpp(38): warning C4355: 'this' : used in base member initializer list
31>y:\scummvm-src\audio\softsynth\mt32\partial.cpp(38): warning C4355: 'this' : used in base member initializer list
31>y:\scummvm-src\audio\softsynth\mt32\tva.cpp(362): warning C4701: potentially uninitialized local variable 'newIncrement' used
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.0.30319 SP1Rel

Installed Version: Professional

I hope this makes sens, the release build is building fine, so it's no biggy.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

I can't check the output of create_project right now, but it seems it's not disabling the edit and continue feature.

To disable it and fix the errors above, change the settings of the scummvm project. Here's a link on how to do this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... .100).aspx
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

md5 wrote:I can't check the output of create_project right now, but it seems it's not disabling the edit and continue feature.
Ah that helped. Here's how I fixed it:

Go to project properties of tinsel -> C/C++ -> General and change the "Debug Information Format" from "Program Database for Edit And Continue (/ZI)" to "Program Database (/Zi)".

I think my version of create_project set's this feature globally to EditAndContinue in msbuild.cpp line 393 for win32 in non-release builds. And there's no tinsel specific config that disables it for this engine. Is this a bug then?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

icanntspell wrote:
md5 wrote:I can't check the output of create_project right now, but it seems it's not disabling the edit and continue feature.
Ah that helped. Here's how I fixed it:

Go to project properties of tinsel -> C/C++ -> General and change the "Debug Information Format" from "Program Database for Edit And Continue (/ZI)" to "Program Database (/Zi)".

I think my version of create_project set's this feature globally to EditAndContinue in msbuild.cpp line 393 for win32 in non-release builds. And there's no tinsel specific config that disables it for this engine. Is this a bug then?
It seems that create_project was not adapted properly, when the coroutine code was moved to common/.
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

LordHoto wrote:It seems that create_project was not adapted properly, when the coroutine code was moved to common/.
Should I post a bug report? Otherwise a small note in the wiki compiling section may help others too. It needs to be updated anyway to include the new freetype dependancy.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

icanntspell wrote:
LordHoto wrote:It seems that create_project was not adapted properly, when the coroutine code was moved to common/.
Should I post a bug report? Otherwise a small note in the wiki compiling section may help others too. It needs to be updated anyway to include the new freetype dependancy.
Yes.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

icanntspell wrote:
The wiki was updated for the freetype dependency months ago... which part are you referring to?
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

md5 wrote:The wiki was updated for the freetype dependency months ago... which part are you referring to?
"Adding all libraries to Visual Studio 2005/2008" contains a nice list of required libraries, but indeed other parts are updated nicely. I was staring too much on that list.