Anyway to speed-up CMI

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

youmeus

Anyway to speed-up CMI

Post by youmeus »

HI,

I have installed the first cd onto my psp and I am using a 1GB card. However, I find that the games moves a bit slow sometimes, I also have the psp running at its fastest speed (333). Is there anyway to adjest the game to run a little smoother/faster? I know this is possible because the PSP can run 3d games fast without any problems...PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

P.S. Curse of monkey Island looks so GOOD on my PSP and the game play is really fun. I would have to say that out of all the homebrew apps I have on my PSP ScummVM is the No# 1 in my book...but it's the quilty of the games that can play is what will make it better...So maybe you guys should try to get a killer adventure game running on it!
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Unfortunately there is nothing you (as an end-user) can do about this in terms of configuration settings. Atleast, not that I know of.

However, optimizing this is something I plan to investigate in the future when I have some more time.
Shonen

Post by Shonen »

Well, I'm no developer, but I did notice several issues that might attribute to COMI's jittery performance.

1) COMI is 640x480. This is twice the resolution of previous SCUMM games. If you compare it to the "heaviest" 320x240 SCUMM games (Full Throttle and the Dig) the two latter games run extremely smoothly.

2) Performance suffers significantly when there are scrolling scenes, many animations running in the backgrounds (ie. Puerto Pollo).

3) Performance also takes dramatic hits when there are complex sound schemes running (iMuse?). Ie, the banjo minigame when recruiting Van Helgen or when talking to the Voodoo Lady.

4) Notice how much the Memory Stick indicator light is blinking during COMI play. This is most apparent during the heaviest scenes.

Anyway, I'm just glad to have COMI work on PSP 2.0. All other Lucasarts SCUMM games work like a dream. Thanks again guys and keep up the good work!
db92

Post by db92 »

I get a choppy performance at the beginning of the game, when im supposed to get out of the window with the cannon and take the skeleton arm and talk to murray... on this screen speech goes faster than the images....