Mastertronic Broken Sword on Android

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Niaboc

Mastertronic Broken Sword on Android

Post by Niaboc »

Anyone had any luck getting the mastertronic 'broken sword trilogy' edition of broken sword 1 or 2 to work on android?
I downloaded scummvm from google play and the broken sword 1 and 2 files, and then transferred the mastertronics 'sword 1' and 'sword 2' folders to my HTC One X.

I can't manage to find any folder that scummvm wants to recognise as a game when i go to 'add game'

any help much appreciated!
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

It should work as far as I am aware. I'm pretty sure that version comes packaged with a PC version of ScummVM, so it should be compatable. Have you installed "ScummVM plugin: sword1" and "ScummVM plugin: sword2" from the Google Play as well as ScummVM? It wont detect them without installing those too.

I hope this helped!
Niaboc

Post by Niaboc »

yes i've downloaded them. and scummvm from google play. the problem seems to be that scummvm doesn't know which file to select to run broken sword?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Niaboc wrote:yes i've downloaded them. and scummvm from google play. the problem seems to be that scummvm doesn't know which file to select to run broken sword?
I don't know about running it on Android, but generally speaking...

Broken Sword 1 looks for a number of different files to try and determine if a folder contains the game. I these are the ones it will look for in the case of the Windows version of the game: swordres.rif, general.clu, compacts.clu and scripts.clu.

For the Windows version of Broken Sword 2, it simply looks for the file players.clu. (As an alternative, it looks for r2ctlns.ocx, but since that file isn't actally used by the game it's probably just a trick if someone tries to add the game directly from the CD.)

At least, I think that's what it does. Of course, a lot more files than these are needed for the games to actually run.