keep getting taken out of full screen when playing games

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

steveogt4

keep getting taken out of full screen when playing games

Post by steveogt4 »

hi folks ive just started playing old point and click games on my laptop by using scummvm but when playing full screen mode i keep getting taken out of the game every 10 minutes or so and minimized into the toolbar :( i click alt+ enter but it says full screen not avalible but ive ticked the fullscreen mode in the settings on scummvm and the game does play in full screen so i dont know why it does this .

The game keeps playing but its really annoying ive been playing monkey island 3 and now playing broken sword but still keeps happing im using windows 7 and the recent scummvm that you can download any ideas thanks .
dag

Post by dag »

I've had the same thing happening. After a while I realized that every time it happened, I had downloads of various sorts running. My theory is that this somehow interferes with scumm, because it never happens if I make sure not to have any downloads running. Hope this might help you.
steveogt4

Post by steveogt4 »

hi thanks for replying do you mean downloads as torrents as i dont use the laptop i play the games on for downloading .
dag

Post by dag »

Actually, in my case I think that it was not torrents, but downloads through mozilla firefox. Or a combination.. Anyways, what worked for me was to make sure not to have anything downloading while playing.