No sound in fullscreen mode

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

declain

No sound in fullscreen mode

Post by declain »

When I run ScummVM in windowed mode everything is fine. Every time I switch to fullscreen, all sound and music effects disappear. Anybody else having problem with this or is it something specific to my configuration?

Audio: Nvidia HD Audio (HDMI)
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

I think that the nvidia HDMI audio doesn't work in resolutions not supported by HDMI.

I've seen this in XP at least (I don't have 7 yet).

The thing is that I don't see a picture when I fullscreen with HDMI to my TV but I see a picture in the DVI LCD monitor (I am using clone mode with the TV as the primary)

I can hear sound in my regular sound card (hooked up to headphones) and not in my AVR (which is in the middle between my TV and PC)

I initially thought it was something that my HDMI extender over ethernet doesn't support but if you're seeing it too then it is a nvidia/HDMI problem.
declain

Post by declain »

Hmmm, is there a way to run ScummVM in fullscreen in resolution supported by HDMI? I can't check if there's no video signal sent to my AVR because I just use it for audio (no additional TV, only monitor over DVI). Thanks for your help.

edit: You were right. As soon as ScummVM switches to 640x480 I have no sound in other applications as well (Foobar2000 stops working too).
Last edited by declain on Wed May 16, 2012 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

A "not yet supported but totally works" way is to use the daily build and use the OpenGL mode.
declain

Post by declain »

Thanks a lot. It works now with OpenGL and resolution set to monitor native 1680x1050.