Harmattan port?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

This is great news.

Please look at maemosdl-events.cpp for an example of how to activate the virtual keyboard.

Alternatively, you can use the keymapper to do so.

See the wiki for more info.
Let us know if you need any help with development (IRC is best for this).
Good luck.
Orologiaio

Post by Orologiaio »

Whoa, that's really great news!
If you need help with testing, I'm willing to offer as volunteer ;)

Perhaps you should also post in this thread on talk.maemo.org, you could get some help there too!
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

threeheaded, I wish you the best of luck with this. The lack of ScummVM is the only reason I haven't bought a N9 yet even though I do want one.
blubberlutsch

Post by blubberlutsch »

Could someone tell me how to launch that program?

I installed it via the h:r:h rzr repo

When I try to execute the binary it says:

Code: Select all

line 1: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")
Orologiaio

Post by Orologiaio »

Any news? :wink:
andei

Post by andei »

Here's a ScummVM 1.4.1 port for Nokia N9: scummvm_1.4.1_armel.deb

I simply duplicated Maemo port functionality to a new Harmattan target, merged gesture handling from the WebOS port and added volume up / down button support. Any Maemo or WebOS specific code was removed. Packaging was also updated and contains a cute Harmattan style application launcher icon. I'll upload the source code as soon as it's been cleaned up a bit.

Stuff that works:
- Touchscreen gestures - see http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/WebOS
- Nokia N9 hardware volume control buttons
- ScummVM virtual keyboard

Things to fix:
- Assembly optimized 2x scaler crashes ScummVM and had to be disabled.
- Changing aspect ratio correction or switching to 1x scaler from the GUI is buggy.

Post a note if additional bugs or missing features are found. My programming experience is fairly slim, so just don't ask for anything too complicated. :)
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

andei wrote:I'll upload the source code as soon as it's been cleaned up a bit.
Good work! However, the GPL is being violated while you withhold source. Sorry.
andei

Post by andei »

I know, sorry about the delay. The source will be up for grabs tomorrow. Just need to remove my silly work in progress style comments from the code... I'm too much of a perfectionist to leave those in.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

andei wrote:I know, sorry about the delay. The source will be up for grabs tomorrow. Just need to remove my silly work in progress style comments from the code... I'm too much of a perfectionist to leave those in.
I would like to ask you to release exactly the same source you used for building the binary. This is a requirement of the GPL. If you don't want to do that please stop distribution of the binary built with an "unpublishable" source and use your cleaned up source instead.
andei

Post by andei »

Here are the Harmattan port sources. Just unpack the file and build it in Scratchbox the Maemo port way (ln -s backends/platform/harmattan/debian; dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc). It's 99% recycled existing ScummVM code, so all credit goes to the awesome original authors. Cheers!

scummvm-1.4.1.tar.gz

The linked binary a few posts up is now rebuild using these exact sources. Only a few comment lines written in my native language were removed. Hopefully this clears everything up, and again - I'm deeply sorry. :(

Now to get some much needed sleep... it's been a long day.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

andei wrote:Here are the Harmattan port sources. Just unpack the file and build it in Scratchbox the Maemo port way (ln -s backends/platform/harmattan/debian; dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc). It's 99% recycled existing ScummVM code, so all credit goes to the awesome original authors. Cheers!

scummvm-1.4.1.tar.gz

The linked binary a few posts up is now rebuild using these exact sources. Only a few comment lines written in my native language were removed. Hopefully this clears everything up, and again - I'm deeply sorry. :(

Now to get some much needed sleep... it's been a long day.
Thanks. A patch against the ScummVM sources would be nice to have though, that helps to see what exactly you changed. We prefer that over whole source snapshots actually.
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

This is brilliant, thank you so much! I better order a N9 now :P

Do you plan on doing future updates as well? ScummVM 1.5.0 is hopefully released in a not too distant future with Dreamweb support.
Orologiaio

Post by Orologiaio »

andei wrote:Image
Here's a ScummVM 1.4.1 port for Nokia N9: scummvm_1.4.1_armel.deb

I simply duplicated Maemo port functionality to a new Harmattan target, merged gesture handling from the WebOS port and added volume up / down button support. Any Maemo or WebOS specific code was removed. Packaging was also updated and contains a cute Harmattan style application launcher icon. I'll upload the source code as soon as it's been cleaned up a bit.

Stuff that works:
- Touchscreen gestures - see http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/WebOS
- Nokia N9 hardware volume control buttons
- ScummVM virtual keyboard

Things to fix:
- Assembly optimized 2x scaler crashes ScummVM and had to be disabled.
- Changing aspect ratio correction or switching to 1x scaler from the GUI is buggy.

Post a note if additional bugs or missing features are found. My programming experience is fairly slim, so just don't ask for anything too complicated. :)
THANK YOU.
My N9, while always cool, is now just simply cooler.
WebOS gestures work great! I'd like to be able to play fullscreen, but for now I haven't been able to. No matter what, this is so cool and I'm so happy about it I can forgive everything. :P

Again, THANK YOU.
andei

Post by andei »

LordHoto wrote:Thanks. A patch against the ScummVM sources would be nice to have though, that helps to see what exactly you changed. We prefer that over whole source snapshots actually.
No problem LordHoto, here's the patch and the new launcher icon from dists/harmattan directory:

scummvm-1.4.1-harmattan.diff.gz
scummvm.png

There are two additional single line patches in the debian directory that get applied by the build system. These are temporary workarounds for the scaler bug and will be gone once it's resolved.

And Freddo and Orologiaio - thank you, I'm really happy to hear that! My wish in putting this together was to contribute something to this lovely project and that it would brighten up a N9 users day. I do plan on updating the port, at least until a more skilled programmer can adopt it. 8)
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

andei wrote:
LordHoto wrote:Thanks. A patch against the ScummVM sources would be nice to have though, that helps to see what exactly you changed. We prefer that over whole source snapshots actually.
No problem LordHoto, here's the patch and the new launcher icon from dists/harmattan directory:

scummvm-1.4.1-harmattan.diff.gz
scummvm.png

There are two additional single line patches in the debian directory that get applied by the build system. These are temporary workarounds for the scaler bug and will be gone once it's resolved.

And Freddo and Orologiaio - thank you, I'm really happy to hear that! My wish in putting this together was to contribute something to this lovely project and that it would brighten up a N9 users day. I do plan on updating the port, at least until a more skilled programmer can adopt it. 8)
Thanks.