Rules

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MarkLis

Rules

Post by MarkLis »

Hello

Ooops I have to apologise for breaking a rule. I did this inadvertantly and in my haste to get registered and my problem solved I didnt read them through. I have now done so.

Just to set the record straight I wasnt trying to advertise a particular site, just thought it might help with the problem. Secondly I only downloaded from this site that deals with abandoned games as my Sam and Max game CD I bought in 1994/1995 no longer reads properly and I cant get a replacement.

So apologies and if anyone can help with my question I posted regarding the Realtek sound issue it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark
clem

Post by clem »

those games are not "abandoned" - Lucasarts still holds the rights and distribution of full versions over the internet (or on whatever medium) is considered illegal until LucasArts says otherwise
MarkLis

Post by MarkLis »

Ok point taken, however if I had duplicated or copied my Sam & Max years ago before it stopped working we wouldnt be having this discussion, not that thats in anyway different from replacing your files from someone who has a working copy. Its like music, I quite happily duplicate songs from my purchased CD's to IPOD. I bought them!! I bought the game, along with every other game I purchased over the years. I could have lied and said I had just copied it off of the CD anyway, but thats no way to troubleshoot a problem!

You guys must be so worried about being sued its ridiculous! How many people are playing these games off original media I wonder? and likewise how many are lying through their teeth when asking for support about the legitimacy of their software?

I guess honesty is not always the best policy!

Anyone know how I can get a genuine replacement CD for Sam & Max even if I have to buy the thing again?

God I wish Id never told my wife I could get it working on her laptop using this system!
clem

Post by clem »

Anyone know how I can get a genuine replacement CD for Sam & Max even if I have to buy the thing again?
ebay
MarkLis

Post by MarkLis »

Ok Clem I will have a go. If I do that I am happy to email you the purchase proof. WIll you guys be able to maybe help me if I get to that point?