Modern Ice theme (previously "Custom themes?")

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

WNivek

Modern Ice theme (previously "Custom themes?")

Post by WNivek »

(edit: changed title. see three posts down for theme.)

For the past several minutes I've been toying around with the contents of default-theme.zip, doing up my own theme.
Anyway, is there any official way to use custom themes, or should I just replace the default?
Last edited by WNivek on Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/GUI_Themes

gui_theme=your-theme in scummvm config file or --gui-theme=your-theme from the command line.

your-theme.zip should be put to any path (game path, extrapath), but there is additional themepath now in config file. Theme INI file should be either inside of .zip file, or next to it. Files outside of .zip file override those which are inside it.

There is special theme called 'classic'. It is built-in greenish one.

Eugene
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

So I guess its time to have a download area for themes now? Or well.. might be a thing of the future. But still.. can be cool for the PC owners out there. As for the handhelds, I'll be sticking with the old trusted green version. :-)
WNivek

Post by WNivek »

Just in case anyone's interested, my theme currently looks something like this...
Not terribly different, as you can tell - mostly just recoloring, and shrunk and relocated logo.
Here's a Download link, if you want it.

Last update: September 2007 (uploaded June 07 2008)
- Updated to work with current SVN version at the time. (Theme spec 22)
- Still works now!
Last edited by WNivek on Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Ooh, neat. Thanks for sharing!
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

WNivek wrote:Not terribly different, as you can tell - mostly just recoloring, and shrunk and relocated logo.
Nice. Are you aware that you can adjust any dialog? There is default built-in theme at http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/ ... iew=markup

Copy it to your theme config and tweak as you want. Pretty soon it will be possible to assign shadow type, text alignment and other parameters to widgets.

Eugene
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Oh nice work! I hope you saw that you also can change the widget surfaces (should be the same size in a group though), for example I used a grew color in some lines to imitate a mac os x like effect:
http://inferno-entertainment.myzeug.de/ ... gui-14.png
(a screenshot from an outdated version though, doesn't work anymore with the current version)
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

WNivek wrote:shrunk and relocated logo.
Really good use of Space.

I really would hope that the new ScummVM default theme would pick up your Logo positioning and size. Please. :D

Also, it would be nice to have the logo in the ingame F5 menu. :D
WNivek

Post by WNivek »

Thanks for the kind words, and for the additional editing tips. :)
If I come up with any more themey goodness, I'll be sure to share it with you guys. :)
Big Bottom

Post by Big Bottom »

Is there an idiots guide to changing themes anywhere? I don't know where to put all those files.
WNivek

Post by WNivek »

Big Bottom wrote:Is there an idiots guide to changing themes anywhere? I don't know where to put all those files.
First off, don't extract the .zip. You can, but it's easier just to leave it.
Now there are several ways to do this, which you could see if you actually looked at the first reply in the thread. I opted to create a Themes folder inside my ScummVM folder, put my theme (ice-theme.zip) in there, and add the following lines to my scummvm.ini

Code: Select all

themepath=.\Themes\
gui_theme=ice-theme
Oh, and be aware that the theme format seems to be changing periodically, so if you're trying to use my theme it may not work. I'll try to update it when I notice new incompatabilities. Like right now. You can download the updated version from the same download link above.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

WNivek wrote:Oh, and be aware that the theme format seems to be changing periodically, so if you're trying to use my theme it may not work. I'll try to update it when I notice new incompatabilities. Like right now. You can download the updated version from the same download link above.
Yes, and I'm not doing any efforts to auto-upgrade it. In fact main changes in the future will be additions to it, not format changes or something.

Eugene
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Just as a notice I added special effects to inactive dialogs, see:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/GUI_T ... me_only.29
for how to use it.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Tried the ice theme with the latest SVN and it no longer works :( Guess I'll try and make my own at some point
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

I've modified the default modern style a bit and created one with a blue color theme. Here's a screenshot:

You can download it here:
http://www.freefilehoster.com/uploads/1 ... _theme.zip

Unzip it inside ScummVM's folder and select it from Options/Misc. There should be 2 files inside it: modern_blue.ini and modern_blue.zip

Have fun! :)