Space Quest 1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

shapazz

Space Quest 1

Post by shapazz »

Has anyone had any luck paying this one? I've got the agi plugin instaleed for sierra games but no joy. I'm talkin the original sq1.It just keeps telling me it can't find a game in the directory..
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Not that I know anything about the Android port, but out of curiosity... exactly what files are in that directory?
thethreeheadedmonkey

Post by thethreeheadedmonkey »

do you have all the necessery datafiles?
Sierra AGI Games need these datafiles:

- *dir files (logdir, picdir, snddir, viewdir)
- vol.* files (vol.0, vol.1, vol.2)
- object file
- words.tok file
shapazz

Post by shapazz »

yeah definately, i dragged the whole folder over. So all the above mentioned files and a bunch of ovl files in there too. Was thinking of renaming sq.com to sierra.com but doubt that will have any effect.

Gold rush works fine, but can't get any other sierra games to work with the agi plugin. Tried sq1vga, Kings quest 5, pq1, pq2 and more.

Sam and Max works well too but is a lucasarts games.
---

Got space quest 1 original working but that's it. It was telling me there was no game found in the directory but tried a couple of times and it added. Still no luck with any other sierra games tho
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

shapazz wrote:yeah definately, i dragged the whole folder over. So all the above mentioned files and a bunch of ovl files in there too. Was thinking of renaming sq.com to sierra.com but doubt that will have any effect.

Gold rush works fine, but can't get any other sierra games to work with the agi plugin. Tried sq1vga, Kings quest 5, pq1, pq2 and more.

Sam and Max works well too but is a lucasarts games.
---

Got space quest 1 original working but that's it. It was telling me there was no game found in the directory but tried a couple of times and it added. Still no luck with any other sierra games tho
Kings Quest 5 isn't an AGI game, so maybe the problem is that you try to add SCI games to ScummVM without the SCI plugin installed?
shapazz

Post by shapazz »

I have the sci plugin installed as well. :(
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

Do these same game directories work on a PC port of scummvm (Windows/Linux/OSX/etc..)?