LucasArts Posters - The better thread

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Something I've been thinking about:

As some of you might know I'm running another posters thread besides this one over at http://poster.mixnmojo.com, and it's getting a bit tedious updating both of them parallely all the time.

Would you guys mind, if I'd stop updating this one, so that I can focus on only one of them? (and besides tho Mojo-thread having an actual sub domain, it's a bit more active than this one).

Let me know, what you think!
slx

Post by slx »

slx wrote:
KuroShiro wrote:
slx wrote:
Thank you very much! :D

I can't install this game on win7 x64. :(
I downloaded an updated installer 'GrimSetup1.0' but I still can't do. :(
You don't need to install it, just use ResidualVM, a side-project of ScummVM.
Oh, thank you very much! I'll try it! :D
Sadly, there is „No release binaries yet”. :(
So, I can't use it to play Grim Fandango.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Get a daily build.
slx

Post by slx »

Laserschwert wrote:Something I've been thinking about:

As some of you might know I'm running another posters thread besides this one over at http://poster.mixnmojo.com, and it's getting a bit tedious updating both of them parallely all the time.

Would you guys mind, if I'd stop updating this one, so that I can focus on only one of them? (and besides tho Mojo-thread having an actual sub domain, it's a bit more active than this one).

Let me know, what you think!
Laserschwert, choose the more active site!
slx

Post by slx »

MusicallyInspired wrote:Get a daily build.
Oh, yeah. My bad! Thanks!

I've tried from CD and I copied to HDD and it doesn't work.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

slx wrote:

If it's not working, then you are making a mistake somewhere. Make sure you copy all of the .LAB files from *both CDs*, and GRIM.TAB to a directory on your HD (you can include the original patch .exe in the directory too for some bugfixes) and it should work.
slx

Post by slx »

KuroShiro wrote:
slx wrote:

If it's not working, then you are making a mistake somewhere. Make sure you copy all of the .LAB files from *both CDs*, and GRIM.TAB to a directory on your HD (you can include the original patch .exe in the directory too for some bugfixes) and it should work.
The ResidualVM was bad and updated it and it works now but there are a lot of bugs in it...but I can run the Grim Fandango...with a lot of bugs but I can... :)
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

slx wrote:
KuroShiro wrote:
slx wrote: Oh, yeah. My bad! Thanks!

The ResidualVM was bad and updated it and it works now but there are a lot of bugs in it...but I can run the Grim Fandango...with a lot of bugs but I can... :)
Please take patience, it worked as a side project of ScummVM but now it's becoming a full blown project. It's gaining momentum, with new developers in the team and some collaboration with the common OSystem framework.

They need more developers and testers, I think it's great to see games like Grim Fandango available to modern platforms. Also, there's the plus of the HD textures patches and some form of remaking the 3D too.

3D games are graphically easier to improve at the engine level too...
MusicallyInspired

That's exciting to hear after all this time.
kynrek

Wall of SCUMM

Post by kynrek »

After seeing everyone's hard work I picked up a wide format printer that prints borderless 13x19'' prints and went to work...

Thanks so much to everyone's hard work My home office looks all SCUMMy now :)
MusicallyInspired

Some high quality Space Quest box scans with multiple versions and edits (removing titles and such) are now available at the Two Guys From Andromeda's website with the efforts of SQ fan Happy Cock Head! Not all of them are done yet but they're coming. Check it out! Perhaps you could work your magic with these Laserschwerts?

http://guysfromandromeda.com/fan-made-s ... oster-art/
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Well, they are already terribly filtered, so there's no real chance to make them look any good. If I had the original, unfiltered scans, I could work with them though.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Any news on that FOTAQ scan? :)
MusicallyInspired

I've already requested unfiltered versions and he seemed willing to comply. Said he needed to find a home for them. I'll keep you updated.
Larson

Post by Larson »

Does anyone know where I can find all the posters? My cinema/gaming room is nearing completion and I need some nice art. The links seem to be dead and I can't find them over at mixnmojo either :(