Erratic touchscreen pointer

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Retrodude

Erratic touchscreen pointer

Post by Retrodude »

I'm trying out ScummVM on Windows Moblie right now. My device is an HTC-89OO, which has a touchscreen as well as a pull-out keyboard, and the OS version is Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional. The program loads up fine (I haven't installed any games just yet) but when I attempt to use the stylus to navigate the menu, the pointer appears to move around on the opposite side of the screen. Does anybody know if I can solve this problem by myself, or is it an uncorrected program bug?
Les

Re: Erratic touchscreen pointer

Post by Les »

Hm, two maybe strange questions -

1/ Did you correctly calibrate your screen? 8)
2/ Which version of Scummvm are you using? Official 1.1.1 release or the daily build? :?

Les
Retrodude

Post by Retrodude »

Actually, the problem was that the touchscreen glitched up when I pulled out the mini keyboard. It works fine now, just as long as I don't use the mini keyboard on the phone.
cerial
ScummVM Porter

Post by cerial »

This problem should be fixed in the latest 1.3.1 version of ScummVM (it was related to a bug in SDL, a library ScummVM uses, not ScummVM itself).
Could you please check if this works for you now, and if it doesn't, please report back in the ScummVM 1.3.1 related thread (http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=10566)?

Sprites

Post by Sprites »

Mine does this only when my phone is charging (USB or wall charging both have this effect). I did not have this issue with stock ROM, but on both SS 5.4 and Cyanogenmod I have this issue.