MagicTales

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scoriae

MagicTales

Post by scoriae »

I recently purchased all the magic tales games. I was able to get the v2 books running perfectly fine, although the v1 books are not recognized.

Baba yaga and the Magic Geese, Imo & The King, and The Little Samurai all kick back as unrecognized.

Have they been added yet? or are just the v2 books currently recognizable?

I currently have Darby & the Dragon, Gregory and the Hot Air Balloon, Liam Finds a Story, Sleeping Cub's Test of Courage, and The Princess and the Crab all seemingly working fine.

I have the daily build from today, February 4th.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Well, the ones you listed as working are the only ones currently on the compatibility page.

If I recall, I think the devs only had limited copies of the v1 games (or not at all) so they wouldn't have a very robust list of md5s for different versions. If the console window lists the md5 sums for the files you might try submitting them to the bug tracker. Or, I could be wrong and they're completely unsupported.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Well, that is the point of my post. I want to know if I should submit the md5's or not bother if they aren't even supported yet.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

scoriae wrote:Well, that is the point of my post. I want to know if I should submit the md5's or not bother if they aren't even supported yet.
Please do. They should work fine in theory but I don't have any idea in practice. :P There is a months-only bug report with the Mac md5s (my bad, eek), but no non-Mac md5s.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

done
Nowhere Girl

Re: MagicTales

Post by Nowhere Girl »

Could you please tell me how to set it up? I prefer playing games through Scumm VM + D-Fend Reloaded because then I can keep screenshots in DFR (and please don't tell me that you don't know anything about DFR; DFR people don't know anything about Scumm VM, so they won't help me either). In DFR, to create a Scumm VM profile I need to click what game it is. But "Magic Tales", or "Animation Magic games" are not on the list. Any advice?
Nowhere Girl

Re: MagicTales

Post by Nowhere Girl »

OK, I'm running it in Scumm VM only after all. I played "Baba Yaga" without problems, however, now I'm having issues with bugs in "Liam Finds a Story".
1. The game gets stuck during the first page of the story itself, on the last word. Both in "Story" and "Play" mode.
2. I tried bypassing it by playing from a certain page. Page 2 of the story (or page 3 if the opening scene is included) ran OK, then on the next page the game got stuck as before.
3. I tried running it from the page "Brook". It doesn't even open, Scumm VM shuts. :( It should be a cute screen and I can't even make a screenshot... :(